Looking for Input

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuidawgs11

Reaction score
Been lurking on the forum for a little while, finally getting around to making a post. Located in Washington, fish mainly off the coast of Washington, and Vancouver Island. Just sold my 228 Grady and looking for a pilot house preferably a 2320 as that’s what will fit in my garage. Just looking for input on a few things. 1. Is there any years to stay away from. 2. What’s the least HP you would consider (had 225 yam on my 228). 3. Would prefer rear steering station, if not equipped what route would you go to put one in? Is there a kit that Parker offers etc.
Thank you in advance for your input!

Been lurking on the forum for a little while, finally getting around to making a post. Located in Washington, fish mainly off the coast of Washington, and Vancouver Island. Just sold my 228 Grady and looking for a pilot house preferably a 2320 as that’s what will fit in my garage. Just looking for input on a few things. 1. Is there any years to stay away from. 2. What’s the least HP you would consider (had 225 yam on my 228). 3. Would prefer rear steering station, if not equipped what route would you go to put one in? Is there a kit that Parker offers etc.
Hey Tuidawgs, welcome to ClassicParker!.... Just adding my 2cents to get you started. The 2320's a great boat and does super with a 300 Suzuki or Yamaha. It also does good with smaller engines but that depends on what your typical load will be. (Will you have/want a large cockpit bait well? Do you fish with 4 dudes built like defensive-linemen?). As for the second control-station. I've not heard of a 'kit' available through Parker. Do your best to find a boat that already has one. Yes, you can add one after-market but it's a job, and very costly. It's not as bad if it's all fly-by-wire, but there's still the hydraulic steering to contend with. There are numerous post here on CP from folks who have added them; try a search for 'adding a second station' or other wording to that effect.

I had a dealership install my second station when I bought mine. Well worth the money for a guy that has limited patience. I think you'll have to upgrade to fly-by-wire for both inside and outside controls. Buy one with the second already installed if you can.. Oh, on a 23 footer, I'd suggest the bulkhead mounted type. The pedestal mount seems to consume the entire Starboard side... 2 more cents, now you have 4. he he20220209_094557.jpg

Last edited:
I had a dealership install my second station when I bought mine. Well worth the money for a guy that has limited patience. I think you'll have to upgrade to fly-by-wire for both inside and outside controls. Buy one with the second already installed if you can.. Oh, on a 23 footer, I'd suggest the bulkhead mounted type. The pedestal mount seems to consume the entire Starboard side... 2 more cents, now you have 4. he heView attachment 35179
We have the 2nd station along the starboard side on our 2520; I like it for the available extra storage that the 2520 lacks.... I agree the 2320 would be better suited for the bulkhead mounted station due to the narrower beam, and smaller cockpit of the 2320.

Last edited:
Welcome Tuidawgs11.

I have a 2006 2320 that came with a 200hp Yamaha. Very fuel efficient and fine if running a light load but not so good fully loaded. I upgraded to a 250 Yamaha and it’s a huge difference.

I installed a bulkhead mounted rear station when I had the 200. There’s no kit. I had to source and buy all the components, some used. It worked but was clunky with the station selector and push/pull cables, until I upgraded to the 250 and fly by wire. That’s the way to go. The hydraulics for steering is not difficult if you understand plumbing.

Hope that helps.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back