looking for paint colors...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_tuna

Reaction score
hello, I'm trying to determine which paint I should use for touch up. I'm having a through hull glassed over and want to match the paint. It is a 2005 2310. It's not exactly white...some sort of beige color...

Attachments

• IMG_20211218_144013423_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211218_144013423_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Do you have a flat area that needs a thin coat, or an indentation at your repair that needs to be built up a little? I have a 2006 with the same color but I have not had the best luck with the touch up kits. I used the spectrum paste for some quarter sized gouges and it worked pretty well as far as color, but the thickness of the substance makes me think it wouldn't be the best for a larger repair the size of a through hull unless you needed to also build up the repair. They have gel coat that isn't the repair paste but it's $150 for a quart. I also used the gel coat from cecil marine (please note the link here is for the later Parker color, the older beige doesn't seem to be in stock there at the moment) but it came out looking sort of like a peachish tan color- not a great match but it sounds like it's the more appropriate product for a larger repair. Also I think my gel coat may have been more neglected and faded than is normal so you might get better results. Sorry I don't have pics available at the moment to show.

This is just my experience, hopefully someone else has had a better experience with the cecil marine gel coat or has tried the spectrum gel coat that isn't a paste. Although it's also possible that cecil gets their parker gel coat from Spectrum...

Thanks man, it's gonna be a pretty large area as I am having a professional close up a thru Hull on the side....

Back