Looking to buy a 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweendeck

Reaction score
I am new to this website and I am looking to buy a 2320 sport cabin. I would like to ask some questions to members and owners of Parker sports cabin boats. First question is I am 6'3" tall and the inside height of the 2320 cabin 6' 1&1/2" inside. I seem to stand O.K. inside but would like to know if there are any 2320 owners out there who are 6'3" in height, and has the height of the cabin been a problem for them? I feel I will be sitting most of the time while operating the boat, so the height may not be a problem. The next question I have is what have Parker owners heard about the 2320 vs. the 2520 S.L.? I have seen alot of used 2520's for sale but not the 2320's. I will be keeping the boat on a trailer at my home so length is kind of a problem. My final question is, do Parker boat dealers vary on the base price of there boats or does the Parker factory set the price for them? In other words does the price of a Parker vary from dealer to dealer? I live in San Diego,Ca. and have been given a price by a dealer already. Just wanted to know what other Parker owners have experienced when purchasing there boats. Hope to buy my boat soon. Thanks, Tweendeck.

Tweendeck,

I am 6'4" and have a 2120. If you like to stand up while driving it will be a problem. If you would rather sit (as I do) you will not be bothered by the ceiling at all. Put a piece of pipe insulation across the cabin top above the door until you learn to duck! You won't regret it.

I have no real height related issues with the boat. Sleep on the starboard side; Put a cooler or other box with a cushion in front of the helm chair for foot support.

Greetings, and welcome to CP Tweendeck!

While I can't answer your questions specific to the 2320, I can tell you that the reason you see more 2520's for sale is because the 2520 has been in production since the 80's. The 2320 is a much more recent model, though I don't know the exact year of their debut. It's a simple fact of production numbers.

Good luck in your search!

I have a 2003 model year 2320.

Well I am only 5'9" so I NEVER hit my head on the cabin door or on the overhead. :lol:

It is the DV, so it has the step down. My son is 6'2" or 3" and he has no problems.

From my cockpit, I need to really stretch and stand on my tippie-toes to get a rod out of the rocket launchers. Its the only thing I don't like about my boat. On the new 2320, I wouldn't have to do that. From the deck in the cockpit to the top of the Pilothouse is way over 6'.

Long winded way to tell you to look for a newer used 2320 DVSC vice a 2320 SL.

John

A few words on Parker dealers and pricing. Much has been written on this subject on other forums. I'm no expert.... just a Parker owner and previous shopper.... actually I'm always looking...

Disclaimer:

Things may be different on the west coast.

There are always going to be isolated exceptions.

On the east coast there is a system where the buyer of a new Parker will be limited to purchasing the boat from the "local" dealer. For example: When I was shopping I was told by three dealers that they could or would not sell me a boat because there was a dealer that was designated as my "local dealer". The reality is... they could sell a boat to me... but they would have to pay my local dealer a large percentage of the total cost... so that takes them out of the market. There have been many ways suggested to get around this..... can't say if anyone has actually done it.... such as stating the boat will be kept in the state or near the dealer.

However.... if a new boat happens to be "non-current".... last years boat.. a dealer can sell it to an out of area buyer... I bought mine in Fla. On the other hand I called a dealer in NJ and inquired about a 2004 (shopping in 2005) and they said no.. they would not sell to an out of area buyer even on non-current models (I assume they knew they would sell it and also reap the financial rewards of servicing and selling goodies which they would not have if sold to out of area buyer.)

The prices in the showroom on Parkers are very consistent. Routinely the price out the door can be much less... especially on last years new boat sitting on the lot...

Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy the 2320... just make sure it fits.

Richard

Service to me is more important than a few $$$ saved on the price. When Harvey at Tri-State sees me come in, he knows there is a Tri-State "sales" sticker on the back of the hull, and I want to be "up there" when it comes to getting service.

Please don't get me wrong with the statement I'm about to make, but when it comes to being out of the water and not fishing, I'm not really concerned about out-of-towners who bought their boat elsewhere to save a few $$$ and now expect to be at the top of the service list. Those of you who bought second-hand obviously don't fall into this particular equation, so in my estimation should also expect top-notch service.

I believe this subject is what brought down the old Parker Marine Inc. site, so we are probably not going to solve much here. Parker obviously is trying to keep a few high-quality dealers in business, and not have them devour each other. When they devour each other, service is the first thing to get cut. And according to the recent J.D. Powers survey (where Parker came in #3 behind Grady and Triton), service is the biggest complaint of boat owners.

Bottom line...if I paid a bit more to ensure Harvey was heading up the shop at Tri-State, then so be it....

Here is a link to my 2004 2520xl for sale. It has less than 100 hours in total and will save you bucks vs new not to mention it is under warranty. Additionally the 2520XL has 6'4" pilothouse headroom, a full transom, large cockpit and interior seating for 4. Be it my boat or another Parker you will love the pilothouse. Parker builds a solid boat.

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=466

Mike...

[email protected]

Porkchunker":1bqi5lny said:
Service to me is more important than a few $$$ saved on the price. When Harvey at Tri-State sees me come in, he knows there is a Tri-State "sales" sticker on the back of the hull, and I want to be "up there" when it comes to getting service.

Please don't get me wrong with the statement I'm about to make, but when it comes to being out of the water and not fishing, I'm not really concerned about out-of-towners who bought their boat elsewhere to save a few $$$ and now expect to be at the top of the service list. Those of you who bought second-hand obviously don't fall into this particular equation, so in my estimation should also expect top-notch service.

I believe this subject is what brought down the old Parker Marine Inc. site, so we are probably not going to solve much here. Parker obviously is trying to keep a few high-quality dealers in business, and not have them devour each other. When they devour each other, service is the first thing to get cut. And according to the recent J.D. Powers survey (where Parker came in #3 behind Grady and Triton), service is the biggest complaint of boat owners.

Bottom line...if I paid a bit more to ensure Harvey was heading up the shop at Tri-State, then so be it....

I agree with the quality of service..... that is a plus..... time out of water is a terrible thing and so far I've only been out for routine maint.

I'm sure the system works most of the time for most people. Here was my situation. My local dealer was in Norfolk which as the crow flies is about 40 miles... but get this.... with the 9'6" beam and 2 axle trailer the toll for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel would be ONE HUNDRED TWENTY DOLLARS round trip. I wanted to buy from Tri State from everything I read on THT (but alas I could not) So the reality is it wasn't praticle to get service from my local Parker dealer.... and how often is warranty service needed?

OBTW... not all Parker dealers are "quality" dealers.... I got a great price in FLA and I was thrilled with the savings..... but they were far short of anything quality as I sorted through my rigging and cleaning issues... but even after paying few hundred dollars to get things straight I was way ahead.

Let me finish with the statement, "I respect the way Parker does business because they have a quality product that I enjoy......I respect the freedoms we enjoy as business owners to determine how we do business... if this is what it takes for Parker to do well in business then I support them!" For me in my "unusual" geographic situation I employed a much needed workaround to save about 8K.

I've had 3 new Parkers. To the best of my memory, needed 1 new livewell pump, and 1 cracked CC windshield (cracked by prep installer at dealer overtightening screws).

I do my own typical oil changes, rigging, bleeding steering, etc. All three boats were bought 6hrs. from me.

Not needing constant attention is one of the attractions of owning a Parker/Yamaha.

I have a 2003 2320
I think they made the 2320 going back to the mid 1990s
I have a friend who has a 1997 and it is still in great shape.
I muck prefer my 2003 over the new sl model that has a VERY small dash
I'm not sure of all the reasons, but just go on yachtworld.com and you will find a TON of 25ft Parkers, and few to none 23ft sport cabins, and maybe because of that, the 23 holds it's value better, or atleast thats what my ins company told me !!!

I bought a 2320SL F-250 last summer give me a call and I will give you my thoughts. 803 517 0740 I would not change a thing

wildman":fey4qo4r said:
I bought a 2320SL F-250 last summer give me a call and I will give you my thoughts. 803 517 0740 I would not change a thing

I have the same combo. I love the boat and motor. Definitely get the F250. I'm 6' and haven't had any problems in the cabin yet. I want to lower the seat a little bit though (when I get the chance). You will have to watch your head on the door frame though. I've hit it a few times already. :oops:

Dom

I've had my 2320 for four days now and all I can say is WOW, what a boat! The ride is better than I ever expected... On Tuesday when I drove her from Tiverton to Newport RI the winds were blowing 15-20 with 30 knt gust..."Lori Ann" plowed through the waves while we stayed dry and warm in the cabin. There was no way I would have taken my 21' CC out in the weather we were in... The ride would have been hard, wet, cold and border line unsafe. The past two days I've gotten to do some fishing on her and I can tell you she is made for fishing! Lots of wide open space. Today I had four adult’s onboard Tog fishing and a couple of the guy’s remarks how comfortable the boat was... Parker is a solid ride! I'm 5'10" and I knocked my head twice the 1st day and haven't since (I learn quickly when I "Feel the Pain"). I have the 225 and have no complaints...Today with the four adults, 75 gal of gas, plus gear we move at 40 MPH and at no time did I feel she was under powered. At WOT fuel consumption was at 12 GPH and at idle (in gear) consumption is .8 gph. I recommend the 2nd control station... Life is good when you can be out on deck trolling and controlling the boat. Send me a PM or give me a call (401- 419-8361) and I'll discuss the little I know about Parker pricing/negotiating.

JimH

JimH":2fleqold said:
At WOT fuel consumption was at 12 GPH and at idle (in gear) consumption is .8 gph.

Congrats on the new boat!

Question, are you sure you only consume 12 GPH at WOT? My F250 burns 21GPH at WOT, 6K RPM's, which is about 45 MPH. I cruise at 4K RPMS, 28 MPH and consume 8.2-8.6 GPH.

Dom

I'll be out again on Monday... Will recheck the numbers and let you know. BTW, thanks for the info/pictures you sent of your electronics install... Your assistance was greatly appreciated!

Jim

JimH":3uflfvvk said:
I'll be out again on Monday... Will recheck the numbers and let you know. BTW, thanks for the info/pictures you sent of your electronics install... Your assistance was greatly appreciated!

Jim

Anytime! 8)

Here's a pic of my cockpit. Maybe it'll help you make up your mind. ;)

Dom

Attachments

• DSC02669 (Small).JPG
    DSC02669 (Small).JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 8,727
They are 'dance floors', aren't they Dom? :D

Image-0EC5ED44F14A11D8.jpg

Image-BD87E64BDE0411D9.jpg

Back