Looking to install autopilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiegeja

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought my first Parker. It’s a 2008 2120. All of the electronics on the boat or Furuno. It has a Yamaha 150 on it as well. I was thinking about moving forward with installing auto pilot and wanted to get some advice on doing so. Since all of my electronics are Furuno, should I install a Furuno auto pilot? I know that auto pilot can get very expensive quickly so I am looking for a pretty good unit that will work well with the boat. Are there other companies out there that you prefer? I am located in the Malibu area and I’m looking to get it installed by a professional. Does anybody know of a good installer in the Ventura area?

3 years ago I installed a Raymarine EV100 autopilot kit on my 2015 2120 and it has performed flawlessly. All of the rest of my electronics are Garmin and it has integrated with them without problems. I particularly like the panel control head on the Raymarine unit with the steering control knob and I now cannot imagine boating without an autopilot. You can buy these units online for about $1300 and figure another $800 to $1000 for a good professional installation. Along with a permatrim on the motor they will probably be the best two investments you will make on your boat.

I just installed a Raymarine ev 150 autopilot with a Raymarine axiom mfd. Installation was straightforward and is working great.

Banjo,

if you put a route with multiple waypoints in the Garmin, will the Raymarine autopilot complete the route? Thanks,

Kurt

Back