Looking to install autopilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiegeja

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought my first Parker. It’s a 2008 2120. All of the electronics on the boat or Furuno. It has a Yamaha 150 on it as well. I was thinking about moving forward with installing auto pilot and wanted to get some advice on doing so. Since all of my electronics are Furuno, should I install a Furuno auto pilot? I know that auto pilot can get very expensive quickly so I am looking for a pretty good unit that will work well with the boat. Are there other companies out there that you prefer? I am located in the Malibu area and I’m looking to get it installed by a professional. Does anybody know of a good installer in the Ventura area?

Another thing I am looking to do is have a custom boat cover made for the boat since I have the belly hoop up top. Any referrals for a good company that can do that for me?

I am very excited to be a part of the Parker family. Cheers

spiegeja":2c721jnt said:
Hey guys, I just bought my first Parker. It’s a 2008 2120. All of the electronics on the boat or Furuno. It has a Yamaha 150 on it as well. I was thinking about moving forward with installing auto pilot and wanted to get some advice on doing so. Since all of my electronics are Furuno, should I install a Furuno auto pilot? I know that auto pilot can get very expensive quickly so I am looking for a pretty good unit that will work well with the boat. Are there other companies out there that you prefer? I am located in the Malibu area and I’m looking to get it installed by a professional. Does anybody know of a good installer in the Ventura area?

Another thing I am looking to do is have a custom boat cover made for the boat since I have the belly hoop up top. Any referrals for a good company that can do that for me?

I am very excited to be a part of the Parker family. Cheers

Can’t speak for Furuno Autopilots but I can say a Raymarine Evolution 150 will work great in your boat....

Back