Minn Kota 87in on a 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyWagonNJ

Reaction score
Just finished install of the 87 in 112 terrova. Tested it out and held spot lock in a decent current w no problem.
243109c5f6298425919cc4940ec458c6.jpg
8cb7e8f0039da6e044c264e3ee03debd.mov
94813c512de9416d97819f7746fccee4.mov
65138b30cd5b98a554fc08051dec8b85.mov
3b3dbf1ab1a02efd6153ed3f65037787.mov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually spoke with reps at minn Kota about that. They said where they are placed they see no need for boxes. I may eventually make a vented enclosure to cover up that area.

PaddyWagonNJ":1mgzq2od said:
I actually spoke with reps at minn Kota about that. They said where they are placed they see no need for boxes. I may eventually make a vented enclosure to cover up that area.

Great installation! Are the three batteries just to power the Minn Kota, or is that all the batteries for the boat? (engine start, house batteries, etc)... Can you still use the head?

Yeah. They’re wired in series for 36v at this time strictly for the trolling motor. I’ve never used the head, it is still operational but more of a squatty potty now.

I have the same battery charger with 3 charging ports. I plug my charger into AC each time I return from using the boat. It shuts off when charged. I use 2 batteries but bought the Min Cota (sp) that has 3 ports for charging just in case I ever wanted to place another battery in. So far the Unit has preformed extremely well.

This will definitely be my next upgrade . We had a minn Kota Terrova on our last boat and it’s amazing
1. What thickness aluminum are you running for the bracket ? 1/2 or 5/8?

2. is that 1/2 or 5/8 starboard underneath it ?

3. are you concerned about it being outside the boat? Does it take much spray/waves directly ?

4. why didnt you put the batteries under the bench seat (In my mind that is where I would try and mount the batteries )? Was it a center of mass concern?

looks great man, thank you for posting

I've got a 52" 12 volt terrova I'm mounting to my bracket next week . I will let you know how it does.

I've got a 52" 12 volt terrova I'm mounting to my bracket next week . I will let you know how it does.

Mounting to the motor bracket? What boat: 2320, 2520? That 12 volt will do nothing to hold that big boat. If I am reading this correctly, you are mounting a 12 volt 52" terrova to the bracket for spot locking? If that is the case, a 36V will be necessary. Really curious how the bracket mount spot locks do in a current: does it spin the boat around?

OP: That mount looks perfect for the 2320. Can you show your backing plate in the cabin? Just ordered a new 2320 and I'll be adding a MK 87" terrova ipilot as well.

Last edited:
I will mount it with a quick attach mount to the Armstrong bracket. And it doesn't have to pull the boat around only to help hold a spot. If it drifts slowly i dont think im going to be very anal about that. Also I will tie it in to my second battery already in the boat charged by the motors. But I dont think adding 3 battery's and always having to charge batteries separately is what I'm interested in. Maybe some people need to hold a spot for hours . But I only need to stay close to the spot for minutes. To me is completely exceptible if I don't have to add batteries buy a separate trolling motor. Add a additional front plate over cabin and have to run back and forward picking it up and down . And also have motor hanging off front . I think it just looks bad. Normally I can put motor in reverse at idle and hold spot . Only difference is I have to constantly monitor gps and steer the motor not to over shoot spot .

I bet you dollars to donuts the USCG Aux inspection will not like open batteries.

Those three batteries are in battery trays. This is in line with ABYC standards. There is nothing unsafe or incorrect about the battery security. Sometimes boxes are just not reasonable for a specific application.

8 months in... How are you liking your MK trolling motor, 87" on your 2320?
Just pulled my boat out of the lift today, put her on the trailer and will start my installation tomorrow.
Any updated pics to share?

Sorry for the delayed response..

It's 1/2 in aluminum.

The batteries were mounted there to keep the weight in the center, it also helps get on plain a little faster, not by a drastic amount but it is noticeable.

I fished this motor hard all the way through mid February for Tog in jersey and it ran great. On some days for eight hours and still had juice left in her. Hands down worth every penny for a lot of the fishing I do.

Back