Minn Kota Spot Lock

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience installing/using the Minn Kota spot lock?
I have a 2520 Sport Cabin and do ALOT of ocean double anchor bottom fishing.
Thinking about upgrading.
Would appreciate some feedback/opinions from anyone with a similar boat that does the same type of fishing that I do.
Thank you.

Here on the Gulf Coast [Pensacola] It's a game changer....It's probably one of the things I do most anymore as to installs.

I have one here now to do, but it's a Rodan. If I was spending the money....It would be Rodan. There are plenty of things that others don't do on installs that I do.

Your looking at $5500 - $6000 complete to do a install. [Correctly]

Thanks Warthog5. This is good advice. I am actually adding one to my 17. I have it all set up with wiring and batteries but before I bought the boat the motor was stolen. ( motor guide mount is still there. The entire set up is still on the boat, sans motor, I wasnt sure which one to get. I’ll check out Rodan.

@warthog5

can you tell us specifically the important things to consider on this install?

QUOTE="warthog5, post: 146281, member: 45"]
Here on the Gulf Coast [Pensacola] It's a game changer....It's probably one of the things I do most anymore as to installs.

I have one here now to do, but it's a Rodan. If I was spending the money....It would be Rodan. There are plenty of things that others don't do on installs that I do.

Your looking at $5500 - $6000 complete to do a install. [Correctly]
[/QUOTE]

Important things to consider? Hmmmmmmm?

I'll just tell you how I install and why.

Most of my installs get a 3/8in alum plate custom cut to fit the unit to the hull. That plate gets painted with High end marine paint....Never seen another install do that.

The alignment is such that it doesnt stick out past the rub rail nor inside the walking area [Center Console]

I prefer Rodan.....and If I bought a TM, where I'd spend my $.

Much easier to install, due to GPS antenna on the TM hidden away. MK TM I mount the antenna on top of the console...and it needs power supplied.

4ga cable gets used...I want Max power available at the TM.

Battery tender TM plug. Only.

A Master ON/OFF switch for TM power in a convenient spot to access....access and stress to the customer to use it!

The last pix is where customer FAILED to FOLLOW Instructions.

Attachments

• 20210105_144212.jpg
    20210105_144212.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 20210106_131020.jpg
    20210106_131020.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • 20210106_131024.jpg
    20210106_131024.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 100_5944.JPG
    100_5944.JPG