Quantcast

Moderators

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Yes, it is intentional, as Tom and I can't be on the PC all day long and we also have business trips, fishing trips, vacations, and other "away" time to account for.

Behind the scenes, Parker and CBigma began emailing me years ago (around the demise of the Pilot Houses site) about doing something for a new Parker site. In fact, with those 2 guys, I tried to resurrect that old pilothouse site as it once was. Capt Kevin and I have also been emailing each other for years too and have been talking about a board such as this for a long time now. In some ways, he finally inspired me to just drop the $$ and buy the classicparker URL for 5 years.

When that finally happened, those guys were in effect, my "inner circle", and helped look at various forum software solutions. Guys like you and Ranger Tim and others, that I met via The Hull Truth, were there to help with the ideas and concept for piloting this site. Please do not take any offense that I don't have you listed as a current Moderator.

The best part? The signal-to-noise ratio is sooooooooooooooooo high here that the only moderation I've done is to (1) move things into the "for sale" forum, (2) delete duplicate posts from those who hit return twice (or more), and (3) edit an existing post to make it an announcement or stickey. but I get preoccupied with login, reghistration, and server issues, so I needed help and "extra eyes" on the day-to-day posts.

I want you to know how much I also appreciate your enthusiasm and support for this site and if the call is there for another moderator, and you would agree, then we'll consider it. Deal?

Ranger Tim

Reaction score
Dale,

Y'all are doing a bang-up job and there is no weird "moderator envy" here. We are all fortunate that you took the plunge and spent the dough and the time to get this site off the ground. As with most committees, they work best with just a few key members that get along well together. We all reap the benefits and rewards. All you would have to do is ask any one of us and we will be glad to help out.

It is gratifying that this forum has already shown itself to be a meeting place for reasonable people, intent on sharing their passion for their favorite pastime. In a time when cynics are popular and pessimists have the floor, this is a welcome haven for safe and positive dialogue between boating enthusiasts. There will of course continue to be other sites that we will frequent and forums that will ebb and flow, but I hope that Classic Parker dot com will always maintain its dignity and remain true to its mission.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Ranger Tim":1lfmhshe said:
There will of course continue to be other sites that we will frequent and forums that will ebb and flow, but I hope that Classic Parker dot com will always maintain its dignity and remain true to its mission.
Amen brother :!:

Themis

Reaction score
I came across wrong. Dang. No wish to moderate ( I don't even know what that entails). I truly was just wondering if there is a glitch in the software. I was thinking that the most recent posters were being listed as moderaters in that section of the forum. Hence my question.

Regarding my enthusiasm for Parker and this site? It is there!. But my knowledge and expertise is not. Having me moderate, whatever that entails, project and technical discussions on ClassicParker would be akin to having Andrew Dice Clay moderate a Women's Issues forum.

How about I just continue to read, post, and learn.... and contribute financially whenever and however you deem appropriate!

Thanks Dale, Mega, Ranger, TomS, Cbigma, etc..... :D :D :D

susqking

Reaction score
ParkerSal said:
How about I just continue to read, post, and learn.... and contribute financially whenever and however you deem appropriate!

I have no idea how much money it takes to keep this going but if you guys need contibutions, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Anthony D'Anna

Parker

Reaction score
As stated by those above - Dale we are ready and willing to help with any costs incurred in keeping this great board going. Just say the word.

Brad

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ranger Tim":32lbstro said:
It is gratifying that this forum has already shown itself to be a meeting place for reasonable people, intent on sharing their passion for their favorite pastime. In a time when cynics are popular and pessimists have the floor, this is a welcome haven for safe and positive dialogue between boating enthusiasts. There will of course continue to be other sites that we will frequent and forums that will ebb and flow, but I hope that Classic Parker dot com will always maintain its dignity and remain true to its mission.
Nice Stuff Tim. :D I think you've captured the essence of why this board has become so popular so quickly.

Ranger Tim

Reaction score
Parker Sal,

I meant to imply that you were included in the "no moderator envy" comment. I sensed no green monster in your comments. However your Dice Clay reference still has me yucking! :lol:

I think there is a subliminal vetting process that takes place during the Parker purchase experience. There doesn't seem to be any bad eggs in the Parker club that I have met.... yet. :wink:

Latest posts