Mounting locations for Airmar B175HW on 2320??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tito

Reaction score
Should I mount the thru-hull transducer in the bilge at the back of the boat opposite my 3/4” raw water intake? Or in the mid hatch below the helm?
Also I should get the 20 degree?

thx in advance!

Should I mount the thru-hull transducer in the bilge at the back of the boat opposite my 3/4” raw water intake? Or in the mid hatch below the helm?
Also I should get the 20 degree?

thx in advance!
I don't remember which boat you have. But, in a 2520, if mounted under the mid-hatch, beside and below the helm, the transducer would, not often, but occasionally 'catch-air' when running in certain sea-conditions/swells.

Or in the mid hatch below the helm?

That would be for a displacement hull with Full inboard.....That is NOT where you want it.

Does your Hull have a flay spot on the keel in the rear bilge?

That would be for a displacement hull with Full inboard.....That is NOT where you want it.

Does your Hull have a flay spot on the keel in the rear bilge?

Yes, there is a flat spot in the rear keel. And in the bilge my 2 bilge pumps sit right in the center.

I’ve been told off to the side opposite the raw water intake. And to get the 20 degree thru hull to take into account the 21 degree dead rise.

Here’s the spot on the starboard side in the bilge I was thinking sorry for the poor quality.

Thx

Attachments

• 6AC44322-ED27-467F-AE1C-E6A25B0A2A21.jpeg
    6AC44322-ED27-467F-AE1C-E6A25B0A2A21.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 32B5DE3F-18DA-4E2E-B055-34438DC0A825.png
    32B5DE3F-18DA-4E2E-B055-34438DC0A825.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 58
Looks croweded in there..... But yes Stb side. 12in to 24in in front of transom........4in to 6in the the Right of cenerline. Have you read the installation instructions?

Arrow points at KEEL.

You will need a 3 3/4in Holesaw and a 2in drum sander for a drill motor helps too.

Law the nut in place from the inside.....Make sure it lays flat and there is room. Mark the center of that nut with a Sharpie. Drill a 1/8in hole thru the hull. and then center the nut from the outside to make sure you have room....The X-Ducer head will be a little larger. If all good? Drill the 1/8in hole to a 1/4in hole.....Then use the 1/4in hole to pilot the holesaw from the outside make sure it's laid flat against the hull. I tape over the face of the X-ducer..cut it clean with a razor blade....Put a witness mark on the tape.....Same as the arrow KEEL.......Dry fit the unit. Is there a high spot on the inside of the Hull? I use a grinder to smooth it. I typically do NOT use that Big rubber gasket. I make sure the fit is good . Put a witness mark on the hull to point the sharpie arrow at you put on the tape. Once the X-ducer is shoved in the hole....I run a pencil mark around it.....Not a Sharpie. You will have had to sand the hole a little with the drum sander to shove the X-ducer in the hole easily. I use 1/4in Fineline tape......and step back 3/16in from the pencil line on the outside of the hull and tape around that line.....The tape arond the fineline with 3/4in masking tape....That leaves you a nice 3/16in gap that sealant will show cleanly. 4200 for sealant.

Whie you were dry mocking it up....You cut a peice of wood the proper length to go from ground to the face of the X-ducer to prop it in the hole. So it doesn't fall out.

It gets a bead of sealent about 1/4in all the way around the flange of Xdecer before its installed....Let me tell you it goes far......The a bead on the inside around the X-ducer after its stuck in the hole.

On Outside....after running your finger around the X-ducer to form the sealent into the 3/16 area and clean it . You pull the tape and are left with a clean install.

You tighten the nut snug.....Let it sit overnight and then put the allen bolts in the nut.

There.....Now you know how i do it. :)

Last edited:
Looks croweded in there..... But yes Stb side. 12in to 24in in front of transom........4in to 6in the the Right of cenerline. Have you read the installation instructions?

Arrow points at KEEL.

You will need a 3 3/4in Holesaw and a 2in drum sander for a drill motor helps too.

Law the nut in place from the inside.....Make sure it lays flat and there is room. Mark the center of that nut with a Sharpie. Drill a 1/8in hole thru the hull. and then center the nut from the outside to make sure you have room....The X-Ducer head will be a little larger. If all good? Drill the 1/8in hole to a 1/4in hole.....Then use the 1/4in hole to pilot the holesaw from the outside make sure it's laid flat against the hull. I tape over the face of the X-ducer..cut it clean with a razor blade....Put a witness mark on the tape.....Same as the arrow KEEL.......Dry fit the unit. Is there a high spot on the inside of the Hull? I use a grinder to smooth it. I typically do NOT use that Big rubber gasket. I make sure the fit is good . Put a witness mark on the hull to point the sharpie arrow at you put on the tape. Once the X-ducer is shoved in the hole....I run a pencil mark around it.....Not a Sharpie. You will have had to sand the hole a little with the drum sander to shove the X-ducer in the hole easily. I use 1/4in Fineline tape......and step back 3/16in from the pencil line on the outside of the hull and tape around that line.....The tape arond the fineline with 3/4in masking tape....That leaves you a nice 3/16in gap that sealant will show cleanly. 4200 for sealant.

Whie you were dry mocking it up....You cut a peice of wood the proper length to go from ground to the face of the X-ducer to prop it in the hole. So it doesn't fall out.

It gets a bead of sealent about 1/4in all the way around the flange of Xdecer before its installed....Let me tell you it goes far......The a bead on the inside around the X-ducer after its stuck in the hole.

On Outside....after running your finger around the X-ducer to form the sealent into the 3/16 area and clean it . You pull the tape and are left with a clean install.

You tighten the nut snug.....Let it sit overnight and then put the allen bolts in the nut.

There.....Now you know how i do it. :)
Warthog thank you for your time and knowledge! Will do. I’ll post pics when I’m done. I’m in the process of cleaning up the bilge. Already replaced sea cock balance and added all new brass plumbing and new hose and hose clamps, I also added a bait tank and all the plumbing along w a new washed down pump. Boat is new to me and I I’m just going through it make as nice and as safe as possible before the Spring.
Thx again for all the intel.

Thanks warthog5 as always. Project came out great!

Attachments

• D8CCDD2B-94C3-4074-90B6-332CC1809450.jpeg
    D8CCDD2B-94C3-4074-90B6-332CC1809450.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • 1060145C-FB9E-4F06-BDB5-4BFD23A8410D.jpeg
    1060145C-FB9E-4F06-BDB5-4BFD23A8410D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back