Mounting Transom mount ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelhant

Reaction score
Hello, I'm going to mount transom mount on a 2021 ...2520 XLD Just curious with the huge bracket and read it should go between the engines...where would you enter the hull for wiring ? Not sure if there is a reliable below water fitting or that is definitely a no no.

Thank You,
Chuck

Attachments

• 20200926_090626.jpg
    20200926_090626.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
What are you transom mounting?

I might just be obtuse but I don’t understand the question.

I’m not sure what I’m seeing in your picture. If your engines are on a bracket, stop and ask someone who has done this on a bracket boat before. Otherwise, I always Bring the wire up above the water line and then into the hull.

Thank you for the response. Going to see if I can find an install.

Thanks Again,
Chuck

On my 2019 2520XLD, also with a bracket, the dealer installed an Airmar through hull transducer. I honestly don't think you should mount a transom mount transducer on the bracket or the transom. Also, you don't want to have any wires running through either under the water line. If the wires were to snagged on anything you would have an open hole in the hull.

I have a Simrad evo3 on my 2820 with an airmar thru Hull transducer and a the transom mount 3D transducer. The transom mounted transducer is mounted to the hull not the bracket. The wires enter above the water line. It is on the starboard side which gives the most direct route to the unit and follows most other wiring. For the fishing I do and for general running I almost never use the transom mounted transducer. As I’ve learned from guys on this site if you plan to drill through your transom or just about anywhere else on a parker, drill oversized, epoxy, redrill and then 5200/4200.

Pics

Attachments

• 55DF2504-33F9-42D1-9909-1171606AA15A.jpeg
    55DF2504-33F9-42D1-9909-1171606AA15A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
  • CBE8F73E-1083-489E-86AD-07C4F3587FB7.jpeg
    CBE8F73E-1083-489E-86AD-07C4F3587FB7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
Don't..... Instead Install a thruhull.......Transom mounted X-ducers look like crap with a bracket.

You have the perfect boat with that flat spot on the keel to install a 0 degree Tilted element X Ducer like the Airmar B175M

I will never do a transom mount transducer again. Thru hull the the way to go. I have a B175HW and a B744. Don't waste your time with a TM.

Airmar thru hull on my 2510w/bracket has been great in all respects. Transom mount is for a skiff

Question: Installing dual Airmars for Raymarine 3-D sonar, on a 1996 2520 with straight inboard, can the transducers go anywhere fwd of the prop?

Yes......And are usually installed around the engine.....Due to access to the hull in that area....I would want it towards the back of that area if possible.

Great advice, thx! My original thought was to go as far fwd as possible in the bilge, but of course there is better access just aft of the engine, and well forward of the prop. That boat has a tunnel drive. Will that affect flow over the transducers?

Back