Moving up to 25

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goinsfishin

Reaction score
Just bought an 89 parker 25 Sport Cabin MV with a Yamaha 200 2 stroke.
She's a single owner well babied boat thats been in storage for a couple years since the owner passed away....boat was lift kept it whole life and then drydocked and shrinkwrapped the last 2 years.
Any comments or experiences about bringing a boat out of long term storage?
Ant pitfalls I should be aware of ?

Also will be looking for a rocket launcher and a swim platform (the Anchor insists) if anyone has availiable or has recomendations

Also in the works as budget allows is a windlass and trim tabs. More comments?

BTW - My 2004 1801 CC is on the market (see my post under sale or wanted).

Thanks

What type of gas tank did the 89 have? Plastic(Poly?) or aluminum? Any concerns with the new ethanol fuel?

Seven foot itis. I like it. You gave up some of the bells and whistles but gained seven feet and one heck of a boat. Good luck with her and please post some pictures when you can.

I've got a stock/factory gold style Rocket Launcher for sale that we took off the top of a 2120 when we put on the rooftop A/C. What's it worth?

With that little power, even though it is a torque-y 2 stroke, trim tabs should be near the top of your list (imho). Go with the large Bennets. When my Lenco's break I'll switch em on my boat as well.

Congrats!

Re-commissioning your new boat should be pretty straightforward.
Hopefully the fuel was stabilized before she was put up. If not, I'd consider draining the tank and flushing the fuel system.

Along with that, you might also need to have the carbs rebuilt, as the fuel sitting in the bowls most likely has them gummed up.

Have the cooling system serviced, especially the water pump and impeller, as the rubber has most likely dried and taken a set.

Treat her a good tune up and go!

Trim tabs... Go directly to 24x9 Bennetts. Don't even fool with the factory 12x12's. They are not big enough.

Rocket launcher... The original owner of my boat bought it without a rocket launcher, and he bought one direct from the factory and installed it. I like it better than the ones Parker uses today because the tubes are stainless (instead of gold), and the tubes are not 'tuliped'.

Image-5C523C4E4F5411DB.jpg

You can also find them from the aftermarket, and on the used market as well. Check out the ones jeffnick has for sale to see if they are what you're looking for.

Good luck with the new ride!

Merry Christmas Kevin!

Hey, there is a real pretty black-hulled boat directly across from yours in the picture above; what kind is she?

Whew ! Thanks for the reminder about the impeller, probably wouldn't have thought about it until started to have problems.

Has anyone done an impeller replacement on a Yammy? I used to do it every year on mercruiser stern drive, any real differences?
Or is this a dealer recomended fix?

ParkerSal":33p3cw7c said:
Hey, there is a real pretty black-hulled boat directly across from yours in the picture above; what kind is she?

Sal, She is a Wellcraft 29 Coastal WA with twin 'Rudes for power.
The hull looks black in the photo, but its actually flag blue.

It belongs to one of my neighbors. :wink:

goinsfishin":2jzislea said:
Has anyone done an impeller replacement on a Yammy? I used to do it every year on mercruiser stern drive, any real differences?
Or is this a dealer recomended fix?

I generally let my dealer handle that as part of my spring tune-up, but there are plenty of folks here who do their own.

I've done the water pump / impeller replacement on my Yamaha, its a piece of cake!

There is a step-by-step pictorial in SIM's forum on THT, and another one on Florida Sportsman's boating forum. If you can't find them (THT should be easier to find) let me know and I can dig up a link.

You definitely want to check one of these, as there are couple of steps that would have thrown me if I hadn't known about them ahead of time.. a hidden bolt on the lower unit, and removing a small compression fitting are the two things that come to mind :)

-- Tom

What size prop? Any performance #'s? I would love to know how that runs with a 200hp. I figure about 24mph cruise and 36 mph top?????

Thanks

Was able to start work on new to me 25 parker today. Unbelievable how dirty a boat can get when no-one pays attention to it for a couple years. Took some pics, am keeping a journal of progress.
I'm gonna start a new thread in Projects and document this resto.

I use a mechanic out of Berlin, Md. His name is Dave Wade. This man is a professional at repairing Yamahas or any make of outboard. I live about 2 hrs. from Ocean City,in Magnolia,Del. I call him and he drives down within a couple of days notice and does the repairs efficiently and makes sure everything else on the engine is in good working order. He just replaced the impeller on my 066 saltwater 2-stroke Yamaha 250. I watched and he showed me exactly how it's done so next time I can do it myself. He works out of Rhode River Boat Sales on Ocean Gateway Berlin Md. His cell number is 410-629-1000 It took him less than 2 hours to do the impeller. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a marine mechanic and does'nt want to spend an arm and a leg to get the work done. Good luck with your Parker, I have a 1990 25ft. 2520 MV and it is one fantastic fishing boat. I have fished six people out of it comfortably several times. I would suggest that you have a professional do it the first time, after that it's no problem to do it yourself.

Goinfishin said: "Has anyone done an impeller replacement on a Yammy? I used to do it every year on mercruiser stern drive, any real differences?
Or is this a dealer recomended fix?"

The service manager at Tri-State Marine, which does all my service work, recommends changing the impeller at least every three years. I have them do the change during my winter servicing.

Back