My 2520; splashed this week

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tombro, beautiful Parker!... That new extended Armstrong bracket is one of the most useful new features I've seen; especially useful for those who do a lot of the engine maintenance while the boat's on a lift.
Thanks Andy! Enjoy your YT videos. I am a bit perplexed by the Vacuflush system. As I understand it takes in raw saltwater from a clamshell for flushing, then sends the flushed waste to a holding tank. Just wondering about that raw water, as my previous experience is with a porta potty with a freshwater reservoir. My last boat had that setup with a holding tank with deck pump out and an overboard macerator.
So, with this system the user would be sitting over a pool of SW, before finishing up with a flush of the bowl contents?

Thanks Andy! Enjoy your YT videos. I am a bit perplexed by the Vacuflush system. As I understand it takes in raw saltwater from a clamshell for flushing, then sends the flushed waste to a holding tank. Just wondering about that raw water, as my previous experience is with a porta potty with a freshwater reservoir. My last boat had that setup with a holding tank with deck pump out and an overboard macerator.
So, with this system the user would be sitting over a pool of SW, before finishing up with a flush of the bowl contents?
Hi Tombro, Thank you for the YT compliment; it means a lot!
Does your boat have the actual Vacuflush toilet/head? Or do you mean a standard 'electric' one? The Vacuflush 'brand-name' is typically a powerful, complex, and more expensive head-system.
Like yours, our last boat had two heads, deck pump-out, macerator pumps, Y-valves and an 80 gallon S/S holding tank. It was easier to figure out that system, than the one on our Parker!... (because nothing is labeled on the Parker; the hoses were not labeled as to their function.
On our Parker, (I guess most others too?) the head flush-water 'intake' is the 'screened' clam-shell' intake under the forward part of the pilothouse. The non-clamshell, standard thru-hull, 4'-5' forward of the clam-shell, under the cuddy cabin, is the 'outlet' for dumping the holding tank, using the 'key-locked-system' on the Parker fuse-panel. This of course is only legal when three miles offshore. (I've never done that on any boat, even though it is 'legal'... legal, but 'yucky'... Heh, I eat the fish that live there! ☺).
The previous owner never used the head. I used it one time, mainly to figure it out. With the boat on the boat-lift, I used fresh water, colored it with food coloring to dye the water, and 'flushed' the toilet in to the holding tank. I also added a few gallons of water (also colored with food-dye-coloring) INTO the holding tank via the 'pump-out' fitting on the gunnel. I then operated the electric 'pump-out', and pumped the food-colored-fresh-water, overboard. I wanted to see which thru-hulls did what! .
And 'Yes' to your last comment/question. The user (nice way to say that!) is sitting over a pool of SW (did you mean Sea Water, or Sewer Water? I guess both are correct!) before finishing up with 'The Flush'...

Tombro,

Thanks for posting the pix of your new ride! She really is a beauty, but of course I'm more than just a little biased! I am very sure you will be super pleased with your "Retirement Boat". Please post some pix of your adventures.

Cap'n Dan

Hi Tombro, Thank you for the YT compliment; it means a lot!
Does your boat have the actual Vacuflush toilet/head? Or do you mean a standard 'electric' one? The Vacuflush 'brand-name' is typically a powerful, complex, and more expensive head-system.
Like yours, our last boat had two heads, deck pump-out, macerator pumps, Y-valves and an 80 gallon S/S holding tank. It was easier to figure out that system, than the one on our Parker!... (because nothing is labeled on the Parker; the hoses were not labeled as to their function.
On our Parker, (I guess most others too?) the head flush-water 'intake' is the 'screened' clam-shell' intake under the forward part of the pilothouse. The non-clamshell, standard thru-hull, 4'-5' forward of the clam-shell, under the cuddy cabin, is the 'outlet' for dumping the holding tank, using the 'key-locked-system' on the Parker fuse-panel. This of course is only legal when three miles offshore. (I've never done that on any boat, even though it is 'legal'... legal, but 'yucky'... Heh, I eat the fish that live there! ☺).
The previous owner never used the head. I used it one time, mainly to figure it out. With the boat on the boat-lift, I used fresh water, colored it with food coloring to dye the water, and 'flushed' the toilet in to the holding tank. I also added a few gallons of water (also colored with food-dye-coloring) INTO the holding tank via the 'pump-out' fitting on the gunnel. I then operated the electric 'pump-out', and pumped the food-colored-fresh-water, overboard. I wanted to see which thru-hulls did what! .
And 'Yes' to your last comment/question. The user (nice way to say that!) is sitting over a pool of SW (did you mean Sea Water, or Sewer Water? I guess both are correct!) before finishing up with 'The Flush'...
Thanks, Andy! I thought I was the dummy, but Parker should label the hoses. Whaler provided a nice schematic of the plumbing which reall helped me know where and what the seacocks were for, as I had RW washdown, FW shower, deck pump out, overboard macerater, livewell.
One last question (for now 😁) ...How does the user get a bit of saltwater in the bowl before using??

Thanks, Andy! I thought I was the dummy, but Parker should label the hoses. Whaler provided a nice schematic of the plumbing which reall helped me know where and what the seacocks were for, as I had RW washdown, FW shower, deck pump out, overboard macerater, livewell.
One last question (for now 😁) ...How does the user get a bit of saltwater in the bowl before using??
Great question! Interestingly, it was easy on the standard 'manual' heads, and also on all other electric heads I've used on others boats. On the manual heads, there was always a 'lever-switch', and/or a knob that you turn one way to bring in seawater, then flipping the lever or turning the knob to the 'flush' setting, it would 'evacuate/flush everything out. (as you manually pumped the handle). There is supposed to be a small electric panel with electric heads that does the same, with two push-buttons; push one button to bring in water; push another button to flush/evacuate. Our Parker has no such panel. It has just one black button on the breaker-panel, to the right as you enter the cuddy-cabin...
As I mentioned, the only time I've used/flushed ours was after I dumped clean, fresh, food-colored/dyed water in the bowl first, so I guess that is a option, although inconvenient. Try pushing the 'flush' button on the panel, before 'getting started', and see if that will first bring in some sea water; I'm 'guessing' it might. Of course make sure all seacocks/valves are open. I will 'experiment' with ours next time I'm out on the boat..

Andy, thanks. It seems to be cruel unusual punishment for the user to have a dry bowl to deal with. Perhaps a coffee can to prime the bowl like we used to do for pumping water for the jerrycan when camping?!
Do report back on your experiment.
Tom

Hi Tombro, our last boat (we had it for 28 years) came with a complete set of working 'blue-prints'/ working drawings of every detail of the boat; lay-up, design, everything. It was 20+ pages (large over-size drawings) of every detail. It had complete electrical schematics/diagrams. Both A/C and D/c. It had complete plumbing schematics/diagrams showing every detail. There was nothing on the boat that I had to 'wonder' what-is-this? what is that? .... And this was an 'over-seas' boat.

Last edited:
Back