My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good bobby
question on what kinda paint did you use when you did the floor ?
and did you ever use rot doctor?

No Paint.... No Rot Doctor.

The wood had no Rot. I caught it in time. The job was all done with Polyester resign as it was when New. The Top coat is Non skid mixed in with Gellcoat.

BEP Cluster Upgrade.

New on Left..... Old on Right

Note the Lil Red Wire. This is the Digital Relay. Note that it is hooked to the Start ON/OFF Switch. By this being added the Relay is dead when you turn the Start Switch OFF. Previous versions would draw a few Mill Amps all the time.... Even with the Switches OFF. Long term storage would drag the batteries down. This fix's that.

20160302_123536_zpsn6bapitf.jpg

20160302_123543_zpsn6cgphpi.jpg

And the New Gp27 Start and 4D installed

20160302_150255_zpsbh8ifaxi.jpg

Out with the Old and in with the New.

These axles were changed for 1 reason. To get RID of those Damn Bearing Buddies. God I hate that Crap!

The New axles have Posi Lube spindles. :)

20160606_151923_zpsvibbjrbq.jpg

I made a drilling template , based off of original axle holes and redrilled the trailer.... This was due to the bracketery not being the same.

20160607_150133_zpsjpqkesng.jpg

4100lb axles replaced with Dexter 5200lbers. These things weigh aprox 200lbs each.

20160607_150155_zpsrwqids6n.jpg

20160607_150451_zps3khfpxxb.jpg

If I ever move to Florida I am going to buy near Warthog and beg him to befriend me. He does some great work

Back in early March I installed 2 new batteries.

Well most of you have read my signature..... "Just cause it's New, Doesn't mean it's worth a DAMN!"

Let me also back up here..... When I bought the original D4.....either I was not clear or they didn't have what I wanted and sold me a Cranking D4.....

Anyway it failed. I knew it didn't have the threaded studs like a normal "Boat Battery". But I didn't have a pix and just went along for the ride.

So after the failure I printed the spec sheet out.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/m/ca ... /deepcycle

I carried this with me. When I got there he wants to load test it... I said I alredy have but I know YOU need to do it.

So he does and it's BAD. So then I ask him......."How come this D4 is only 1000CCA ?" He shrugs his shoulders and I whip out the print out..... I said THIS is the battery I want.

He walk's away to put test equipment up. I step in the shop where it says "Do NOT Enter"...... I see a pile of batteries that are new and just like the one I have....... Right beside it, is another pile of what I want....... I pointed this out.

He say's well there will be a upcharge for that....The other was Free replacment..... I said I don't care...That's the battery I wanted all along. So $17 later I have him Load Test the new battery due to what a pain it is if it's Bad.

Will be installing tomorrow...... Should run that stereo and amp for hours...... Not 30min.

20160610_113901_zpsklebg2s3.jpg

20160610_113913_zpszsqzps0z.jpg

2017's projects.

The Forward keel Bunks left something to be desired. I'm a Big fan of them, but not these EZ Loader trailers.

OLD

20160607_150451_zps3khfpxxb.jpg

Took the 2- 3 X 4 crossmembers out...... Installed 3 - 3 X 3 X 1/4 alum crossmembers. [Bigger boats than mine are setup that way]

2 new 2 X6's of #1 Yellow Pine PT and No knots They were expensive, but they were also damn near quarter sawn.

Covered that with slicks, 6 all alum bunk supports, All New stainless square U bolts.

No we did not take the boat off the trailer.... It's not necessary.

20170320_114406_zpsmuzzb5mc.jpg

20170320_114418_zpsneyatth9.jpg

The forward keel bunks had a tendency to move and flop around.

We wanted a much more solid setup. This will make it easier to load.

It's hard to tell the difference with these pix's, but the new is 3 times more stout.

I bought the EZ Loader used..... It's what I could find at the time.

It also was only used once a year to bring the boat home to do maintenance. Now it resides on the trailer full time.

Since then I've spent more than what I paid for the trailer fixing it.

That looks very nice Wart. I'm using a large garage type door mat with the rubber backing that I cut out to fit. Cheap and easy but these new teak stick down flooring options look much better. What kind of $'s roughly does this material cost?

My son bought it.... It was $180 It was 36in wide and about 10in longer than what we needed for the long pilothouse. 2530

But the floor is not done. It needs a piece fitted under the helm and opposite on the Port side. The excess from that will go where the table is.

That long run had a 3/4in taper on it. Skinny at the back and wider at the front.

I had a old pie hole laying around...Almost threw it away last week. Anyway, that was the perfect template to trim around for the round hole. The square hole at the back was just snuck up on with a straight edge and razor knife.

Very nice edition to the 2530. Been also wanting to do the same thing to enhance the look off my 2530 too. I think though I would of went with a boarder first to really make the floor pop and to give it some contrast. Love that material though. Was it pretty easy to work with?

Back