My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think though I would of went with a boarder first to really make the floor pop and to give it some contrast. Love that material though. Was it pretty easy to work with?

Yes...easy to work with....However....I did unroll it and laid it out in the back bedroom with a little weight on it for several weeks before we actually got around to the install.

Now....About the border. I agree about the look you described.....We already thought of that. BUT! That is now a trough that is lower and thus will collect sand and dirt and Water. You would have to create a trough into that little well at the very back.
Otherwise stuff will just lay in the trough.

Now...Water stands in the forward part on the most outboard sides under the helm and directly opposite of the helm. I'm going to drill some 3/8in holes there and let it go to the bilge....I will seal the holes with epoxy.

Your Welcome. :) This is why all my stuff is in one spot. People can read over it and discover. :) + I can find it real easy when someone has a question pertaining to what I've already done.

I have just finished reading your thread. Many of the posts multiple times. I have recently purchased a 1999 2520 from New Jersey and it was delivered to my home in Oregon. Now the fun begins. First a major clean up to see what is there. It is powered by a 4st 300hp Suzuki, it fired right up when tested here. Glad for that. bilge area is gross hopefully won't have to remove deck but I will do what is necessary, any suggestions? Boat will be in my shop until early summer and time for tuna. Thank you again for the enlightening and thorough thread.

Glad You enjoyed it. That boat lives in Alaska now.

Tilex Mold & Mildew cleaner sprayed in the bilge......scrub it a little on tuff areas.....It works Damn good without much effort.

where did you purchase fuel tank sending unit? What is available from parker or other sources regarding wiring diagrams and structural build layouts (1999 2520dv) sorry to bother you and thank you in advance.

Fuel tank sending unit was bought online......I don't remember where....I find what I'm looking for ....Then shop price for that specific unit.

I don't know of a wiring schematic available. It's all in my head.....I do this stuff for other people.

I've never contacted Parker.

I use the Moeller Reed style senders....I use them in my Hot Rod too. http://www.moellermarine.com/product-ca ... eed-style/

Pull you sender......Measure the tank depth.....Look up proper pt# that you need ....Then shop for that number.

Thank you, Warthog. I reread your thread again and will do it some more I am certain. This time I took notes and referenced the page numbers for easy referral. A third major cleaning again this weekend. Rear bilge pump working front being replaced. Looking to Wynne and ??? for window trim and parts. Any preference on epoxy cabosil? Best option for stainless thru hull fittings? I apologise for being a pest.

Electrical system
Check cables from battery to outboard. They may be too long and need new lug terminals . If you need battery trays, look at Atwood with removable side posts.

Here is a good site https://marinehowto.com/ , too

Check all of Warthog’s posts. . He is always spot on.

Go to Blue Seas web site and download their catalog

Go to helm switch panel . Last year I replaced all switches and breakers. Nothing fancy and keep most factory labels and used Blue Seas labels for others. Make sure the breakers are properly sized to load. Look at all terminals. Anchor makes good heat shrink terminals and crimper.

Trip each switch and follow wires to item. Check terminals , too

For me, all previous owners wiring jobs were poor and all removed , redone with marine grade tinned wiring with correct color and new terminals. It took hours. All of the crimp terminals on the factory wiring were replaced with Ancor heat shrink. Wiring was good just poor terminals and crimps.

If bilge pumps are old, probably better to replace all of them now and wired correctly.

I found a brand name SS wheel on eBay for under 80

If you need anchoring items - rode, chain, swivels,anchors a good place to check is http://www.cableloft.com. They were a Lewmar supplier for years.

I replaced my SeaStar steering ram with a better one from Uflex.

One source for 316 fittings

https://www.replacementboatparts.com/

Beckson has rain shields for Berth windows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently I am using epoxy and related items from US Composites

Yes and if someone needs some of their 2 to 1.....I have a gal KIT......That makes 3gal.....2gal epoxy + 1gal of activator.

I'll sell it very reasonable.

That's where mine came from and a excellent source for Quality parts.

Brent---Warthog you guys are the best. Yesterday I pulled to "bumper rail" to clean remove bad caulk, seal and refasten. will contact your source for 316SS Thanks again. I do not intend to hijack this thread for my project. I will soon (hopefully) start continuing on the "new purchase" thread.

What a great thread! I live in West Africa and though mine is not a Parker a lot of these ideas and tips I can use on my pilothouse.
Thanks for documenting all your work here.

Glad you enjoyed it. This boat has traveled. When I bought it....The original owner was in Maine.......I brought it to Pensacola,Fl.........Now it lives in Sitka, Alaska, with it's new owner.

I added a rail around the top of the cab and around the stern. It has a larger table and a kicker bracket for my 2.5 horse. I also moved the controls from the tower down to a console on the rear bulkhead. There is new electric downriggers for trolling king salmon.

Inside I cut out the bulkhead into the sleeper. I did that for a couple of reasons, one to get ALL of our stuff in there easier and to let heat in there (I mounted a heater behind the captains chair that blow in the sleepers direction). I also moved the control up to an armrest I made. I hate being in big seas and being hunched over the entire time messing with the throttle! Anyways, there are more projects on the horizon, so I’ll keep you posted. BEB53673-8625-45EA-B755-03ABFD8C2E01.jpeg

Attachments

• 93FA4583-39E9-493C-AAC4-92C1F5D74912.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 33
Back