My Boston Based 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you decide to do the tank look for the tag on the tank near the sending unit, It will have the info you need to get a new one fabricated. I'm 99% sure yours should be a 60 gal. The older ones offered a 40.
You will have the option to go with either a new 60 or save some $ and go with a 40 since you you dont require the extended range of a 60 and you could also take advantage of the extra storage below deck it will create. We all know we need more storage on the 1801's.
This is a job you'll want to do off season. At least your not under any pressure and can take the time to get a deal on the labor.

3A is the Parker dealer in that area but I stopped going there ions ago. I’ve done well with Monahan’s though they are under new ownership who I have not worked with yet.

Dale was always reliable for shop recommendations.

If you decide to do the tank look for the tag on the tank near the sending unit, It will have the info you need to get a new one fabricated. I'm 99% sure yours should be a 60 gal. The older ones offered a 40.
You will have the option to go with either a new 60 or save some $ and go with a 40 since you you dont require the extended range of a 60 and you could also take advantage of the extra storage below deck it will create. We all know we need more storage on the 1801's.
This is a job you'll want to do off season. At least your not under any pressure and can take the time to get a deal on the labor.
Great feedback, thank you. There is a 60gal now but agree, if I do replace I will go 40gal and use the rest for storage.

If you were in Florida, I'd replace the tank, with materials included, for under $5k.

Not a hard job.

Back