My F225 has the corrosion issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susqking

Reaction score
Motor is a 2002 with 1,000 hours and has never had an issue. Took the motor in for 1000 maintenace and mechanic called to tell me about the corrosion and sent me a pic. The motor is run in the upper Chesapeake most of the year and is docked way back in a creek which I woud consider almost fresh water. So the issue is not isolated to ocean run boats like I have heard in the past. The good news is Yamaha came out with a parts kit at a reduced price the repair is about $2200 back in January the repair would have been around $3500. He said it's the worst he has seen. The motor has never overheated and has always ran like a clock, hopefully she will run another 10 years.
Anthony

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 218
I could be wrong but it doesn't look that bad. I have seen guys with way worse conditions then yours.
Maybe BryanA can chime in he looked at his last year and they where fine maybe he can compare what he saw to what you have.

who is doing the work for you Beacon light? and does the 2200 include labor, great info if I find one day I need it, I live on Back River

Hot Pursuit,
I don't use Beacon Light, although nothing is wrong with them and I know Chris Pine(service manager) pretty well.

I use Ed Miller(Hi Tech Marine), don't know if you know him but he is a great mechanic and about a nice a guy as you will ever meet. My brother and I have been using him for years. He has a shop is in Essex (About a mile before Rocky Point)and has a mobile truck too. The price included parts and labor. If you want Ed's contact number let me know.

Back