My Friend Reminded Me Why I got a Pilothouse....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
On the way in yesterday from drumfishing.... a successful trip that produced 3 more black drum on a day that was nasty for this time of year.... winds a steady 20 with small craft warnings..... spitting rain.....chilly air off the ocean..... a tight 2 foot chop on the shallow waters inside the barrier islands.... a 12 mile ride each way out of Willis Wharf....

He said.....

Thanks for the great time....... "You turned an unfishable day into a fishable day."

Standing around on the boat waiting for strikes is even pleasant as the pilothouse blocks most of the wind.

When I want to go I go!

Most December days at the CBBT we are crowded in the Pilothouse. It is a godsend from cold as well as hot. To witness last December:

Attachments

• dec2005crew.jpg
    dec2005crew.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 702
rangerdog":azmf0jcx said:
Most December days at the CBBT we are crowded in the Pilothouse. It is a godsend from cold as well as hot. To witness last December:

Must not be hard like woodpecker lips.... :D :D :D

The 2510 with the curtains up works just as well. Tried to run a "Mr Heater Buddy" @ the helm one day two DEC back, and was driven out of the enclosure. So...we just dress warm and fish like madmen.

esfishdoc":ndn7ouaz said:
"You turned an unfishable day into a fishable day."

Cold and rain isn't a fun combo in an open boat...

Image-9D893A06B9B611D9.jpg

but in a Parker, it becomes fish-able. :wink:

Image-9D89F7F4B9B611D9.jpg

Back