My name is Kevin, and I have a Parker habit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
:D

But... it's a good habit to have.

My Parker is a 1996 2520 MVSC with a 1997 Yamaha 225 OX66 on a bracket.

Image-BF54F3E328A011DA.jpg

I'm the second owner of this boat... The original owner bought her off the lot of a Parker dealer in Delaware in 1998. It appears that she was ordered by someone who intended to fish her offshore, as she had almost every option available from Parker at the time except for the cockpit driving station.

That oversight (the rear station) was fixed just before Christmas :wink: , as I had my dealer install a rear station that I bought last year which had been removed from a 25' C-Hawk.

The two most unusual features of my boat are the open-back pilothouse, and the fact that she has three factory fuel tanks... A 127 gal main fuel tank, and 47 gal port and starboard tanks. Let me tell you... with over 200 gallons of fuel on-board, that 225 Yammie struggles to get on plane! I only filled all three tanks one time, and that was one time too much. These days, I generally only fill the main tank. :lol:

Its taken me two seasons to get my boat close to the way I want her, but I still have a few projects yet to do.

I love to see how others modify their Parkers, so project postings receive the most interest from me. :D

Looking forward to seeing this forum take off!

I've always loved Megabytes Parker !!! :D :D :D

He was my inspiration to get the Open Back model !! What a great move I made getting it.

I'm really looking forward to this new Website !!

John_Madison CT":1ja8j2bm said:

He was my inspiration to get the Open Back model !! What a great move I made getting it.

Blush :)

hey, I think I have seen that boat before.... :lol:

Kevin is a true fireman guys. He keeps his boat like a firehouse keeps a show truck--

John_Madison CT":cx9kej8x said:

I would urge anyone over 6 feet tall to consider the openback model to reduce the ducking neccessary to aviod banging your head when entering the pilothouse. :?

rangerdog":9oo6d5xc said:
Looking good as usual, Kevin. How's the steering station coming along?

The good news is that its installed, and ready to go, though I have a couple of non-critical modifications that still need to be done this spring.

The bad news is that she is still in winter storage, on blocks, and under shrinkwrap. :cry:

I hope to have her back in her slip about the second week in April.
Project photos will follow... :)

was thinking of adding a second steering station to my parker inboard .may i have the name of the dealer that did your?

thanks
mox

mox":2fkn24p0 said:
was thinking of adding a second steering station to my parker inboard .may i have the name of the dealer that did your?

Mox, The dealer that did the install work is Tri-State marine in Deale, MD.
http://www.tristatemarine.com/

I bought the free-standing fiberglass part from a guy in Florida who took it off of a 25' C-Hawk. The pedistal included the SeaStar steering, but the controls had to be replaced as they were toast.

Once I get her out of winter storage, I'll post photos.

Megabyte":2c3rauhq said:
rangerdog":2c3rauhq said:
Looking good as usual, Kevin. How's the steering station coming along?

The good news is that its installed, and ready to go, though I have a couple of non-critical modifications that still need to be done this spring.

The bad news is that she is still in winter storage, on blocks, and under shrinkwrap. :cry:

I hope to have her back in her slip about the second week in April.
Project photos will follow... :)

Awwww...that is too bad...I'll have fished location 'X' a number of times by then.

Welcome aboard Kevin. If the Admiral had let me have what she calls the "Perfect Storm Boat," I would have gotten her with an open back like yours. After fishing the CBBT in Nov and Dec for the last three years, the open back is key to not crashing into the pilings. :roll:

Porkchunker
2002 Parker 2510 "Tina's Diamond"
and my other boat is a woodie: http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats/skopje179.html

Dave, Here is a photo taken the day I dropped her off to have the rear station installed, then stored for the winter. The poor girl needs a real good cleaning. :cry:

I took the rear station and positioned it exactly where I wanted it, marked it with blue painters tape, then tied it down so it wouldn't move on the hour run south.

I can't wait to see it operational. :)

Image-FBE21CB762C211DA.jpg

Back