My new 250 4 stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
Ran my new motor on my 2005 2320 parker. Wow!!! What a difference. Before with the 200 2 stroke the bow would come up and the ass end would be dragging. Maybe it's because the new motor they mounted the motor all the way down ? I hit 43 mph without trimming the motor. I only have 5 hours so I don't want to push it. Dale, you were right. Did you know that suzuki has two speed trans? Low and high gear. They can use a biger prop. I sold my 200 hpdi for $5500. Paid $17500. Total was $12,000

Sweet deal marty I love my suzuki and I bet you will too. Let me know what the fuel burn number are when you get some hours on her. I have my eye on a 2320 that is sitting in the canal where I keep my boat and would like to put a setup together like you have.

Did you know that suzuki has two speed trans? Low and high gear.

HaHa...... That is not true..... You do not understand how it works. :)

There is no 2 speed trans.

Here is how it works. Other manufactures align the driveshaft directly with the crankshaft.

Suzuki misaligns them and then connects them with gears. This inturn changes the gear ratio....Then there is the gears in the foot.

The results are a Lower gear ratio than all other manufactures and thus can swing a Bigger prop.

All I own is Suzuki's :)

Look at page 4 http://www.suzukimarine.com/~/media/Mar ... ochure.pdf

Did you buy a regular 250 or a DF-250 AP?

Yes, I know how it works, I just called it a two speed. I got the reg 250. I only have about 10 hours on it. My Parker riders great with this new motor. They did mount the motor all the way down. I'm sure if I raised it, she will go faster. I'm very happy with the speed. Parker boat were never ment to go fast. 40 mph. The boat rides nice!!!

camron":3izs8soo said:
Sweet deal marty I love my suzuki and I bet you will too. Let me know what the fuel burn number are when you get some hours on her. I have my eye on a 2320 that is sitting in the canal where I keep my boat and would like to put a setup together like you have.
Where in Long Island do you live? We just sold our house in Delaware and moving back to East Quogue. Marty D

What Prop did they put on it?

Raise it. :)

100_5005_zps143e0635.jpg

100_5008_zps506f5134.jpg

warthog5":w5kdljpi said:
What Prop did they put on it?

Raise it. :)

100_5005_zps143e0635.jpg

100_5008_zps506f5134.jpg
Why raise it? The 23 ft cabin I have has the deep V. I'm liking the way she takes off. The ass end doesn't drag any more. She rides like a boat with a keel. She doesn't bounce anymore off a 3 ft sea. Speed. I'm happy with 42 mph.

Wow!!! 50. That's fast. My days of speed, offshore fishing is done. We have 3 grandkids and with my mom & dad 85 years old. I get yelled at when I'm going 30 mph. I saw the picture with the 250 motor and it has 6 bolts holding the motor on trans. I only have 4 bolts. Should I talk to the dealer who installed the motor and have him install two more bolts? If any one knows this, please answer this post. Thank you.

RumRunner":3aq1gdvz said:
I've had my 2320 over 50 mph, with a full tank, and a full live well. Flat seas on the Sound, but happy with the speed.
I still have to play with my trim tabs. Last year I installed new and biger ones. At 38 mph the steering get tight. With the new tabs and the motor being mounted all the way down, the bow is not up. I will start trimming the motor up to get the bow up. I think that's why the steering get tight.

... motor mounted too deep will rob you of fuel economy 10X more than any loss of speed ...

DaleH":3jzg6zdm said:
... motor mounted too deep will rob you of fuel economy 10X more than any loss of speed ...
I will run the boat this weekend and have my son drive it and see where the plate is. Do you think I should have my dealer install two more bolts? It has only 4 holding the motor.

DaleH":1kdcegkx said:
Parker mounts there motors all the way down. I did raise my first motor up. Yes, it went faster and got better gas mpg. It's not all about speed and best gas mph. The main reason parker mounts the motor low. The ride. Parker boats are very good in head seas and following sea. I now see the difference. Keeping the motor mounted low. The bow doesn't ride high. When you raise the motor the bow rides high. Then you need to replace your trim tabs to larger ones You changing the way Parker made this boat. Parker spends $$$$$.000 to test these boats and we are changing it. I have read many story's on this site, how you first start by rasing the motor then boats rides to high and now you replacing the tabs to biger ones. I have been offshore with this new motor at the lowest mount. I can now hit 3 to 6 ft seas without banging!!!! Yes, I may be spending more on gas but it's not about gas. If it was, I wouldnt own a boat. My 2 cents.

I ran the boat yesterday. I checked were the fin rides in the water and you can see the fin just at water line. Then I Wot and she hit 43 mph. Then I trimmed the motor and she hit 45. I when over a wave and heard the motor come out of water. I had a full tank and two people on board. I think the motor is mounted good. I went 18 miles and burnt 7 gallons of gas.

More important would be where your RPMs were ... I'd pitch her so you're not more than 200 off the max, not that you'd run there a lot ...

DaleH":3vu1s655 said:
More important would be where your RPMs were ... I'd pitch her so you're not more than 200 off the max, not that you'd run there a lot ...
I ran her WOT hit 44 mph and 5800 RPM. That was with motor trimed. I only had it full for about 10 sec.

DaleH":imlc0023 said:
She runs 5600. After plan 5800 RPM. 44 mph. How do you flush your motor at dock ?

warthog5":1sosjg8u said:
[

Here is how it works. Other manufactures align the driveshaft directly with the crankshaft.

Suzuki misaligns them and then connects them with gears. This inturn changes the gear ratio....Then there is the gears in the foot.

The results are a Lower gear ratio than all other manufactures and thus can swing a Bigger prop.
?

This is a power robbing gear reduction.
Another result of this rig is
a bill for four to six thousand dollars when it fails !

Back