My new ride ...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
But DANG IT ... she's not a Parker! But I stole :shock: it for only $1.5K ...

I'm getting back into a small skiff for inshore flyfishing for striped bass and bluefish. No more big boats for me :p ! I once dreamed of upgrading to an Albin 28' TE with an inboard diesel, but ehhhhhhhhhh ... the offshore fishing sucks enough NOT to spend the $$ on it.

Attachments

• Catalog Photo1, Model 160 SC.jpg
    Catalog Photo1, Model 160 SC.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 826
Everyone needs a inshore boat too. :) But I didn't steal it.... I built it... highly modified alum hull.

100_2604.jpg

Love it! Carpet is the new nonskid...

So funny about your lust for an Albin 28 Tourney Edition. I, too had the same boat lust. Husky, comfy, big enough to weekend on. Wanted it with a fly bridge. But...like you, have turned off the tuna fishing over the last couple of years. Just too unpredictable. Spend more time burning gas (would be diesel with Albin). So now, what sense does a big inboard make? Not a lot.

We fished 14' and a 16' tin tillers in the boundary waters between Minnesota and Canada this past summer.
The boats were fine, but the tillers were annoying. Your side console is much nicer.

Attachments

• 01 BWCA.jpg
    01 BWCA.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 736
  • 02 BWCA.jpg
    02 BWCA.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 736
Brent":2craj0xy said:
We have 14 ' Sea Nymph with 15hp Johnson ...
Yup, I also have a 14' Proacraft (like a Smoker Craft) deep-gunneled V-hull skiff with both a 15 & 20hp motor for it ... on a trailer to go where desired.

And then I have a 12' skiff and a few kayaks lying around ...

Congrats on the new ride... inshore/nearshore fishing appeals to me much more than the long runs offshore anyhow.

Dale, I know what you mean. Down here they keep changing the rules and reducing what you can keep. I hope you continue to share your knowledge on the Parker line on this site. I'm just an occasional visitor, but have found information here to be very useful. As for the boat, if you're out there fishing, that's all that matters. FYI, Flyroding from a kayak can allow you to sneak up on the fish!

Back