Naming the Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMUGMU

Reaction score
Among this group, is there a preferred decal provider? I would like to name the boat after my daughter, Samantha Bel. I would like to order them off the internet. Of course, I would like to use a quality supplier. Thanks in advance

Among this group, is there a preferred decal provider? I would like to name the boat after my daughter, Samantha Bel. I would like to order them off the internet. Of course, I would like to use a quality supplier. Thanks in advance
I agree with Shoals Skipper, above.... I've used Boat/US for both boat-name graphics and for the state registration numbers. They came with good installation instructions, (paper and online) and for whatever reason they also sent a full extra back-up/duplicates of the name and registration numbers; I guess in case we had problems with the installation.

Last edited:
A lot of people order on the web as mentioned.

I named my Parker years ago for my daughter too, she was not impressed though!

I kept it simple, worked with a local sign person who made the vinyl lettering and applied it.

Big Parker named for my grand-daughter, little Parker named for my wife (she bought it for me 25 years ago!). We had a local signmaker do the computer generated vinyl graphics on the new boat...very pleased with the result, and I'm glad I didn't have to fiddle with installation. We even named the twin outboards after my twin grandsons so they wouldn't feel left out...although Parker was pretty well represented already! Little boat was done more than twenty years ago, again a local signmaker that did a lot of the deadrise workboats in our area. I wanted the workboat style and had it hand painted...very pleased with that also. Pix below:

Cap'n Dan

Attachments

• 20190903_170835.jpg
    20190903_170835.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • 20200630_171305.jpg
    20200630_171305.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
  • Twins.jpg
    Twins.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
Boat/US has a pretty good selection of fonts and graphics, they're quick and relatively inexpensive. You'll recognize a lot of what you see on their site if you've spent much time on the water. The other recommended sites are probably a better bet if you want to get creative.

Boat/US is one of many out there as well as local sign shops. They are pretty easy to install. If back paper is not cut at half way point spray, do so. Just make sure you are clean and remove all wax. Hold decal in place with some blue tape. Put water on surface behind decal and remove back cover half way from center. Use a small rubber squeegee and wet front surface of decal. remove back paper and move squeegee from center to outer edge. Then do opposite side. You may have some bubbles and these can be squeegeed out. Those that cannot be pushed out may dissipate after a week or so. Those that do not can be removed by pricking the center of bubble with a sharp pin and then just push on bubble.

I used boat us and they turned out great just have to design yourself. They were reasonable also

Thanks for all of the guidance. I am currently removing old name and parker logo and pin stripes. Getting her ready.

Back