NC to NJ run

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcunniff

Reaction score
Looking from some general comments from owners in the area, and a suggestion on an overnight stay in Ocean City MD.

I'm heading out tomorrow to get to NC to help out some friends that are going to continue moving a guy's boat who is getting cancer treatment. One of my friend's a few weeks ago got the boat from FL to Belhaven, NC and they had to stop for repairs, 40' SeaRay with twin diesel inboards.

We are heading out Friday after a test run and looking to take three days to get it to NJ for summer safekeeping while the guy gets treated in a MA hospital.

First day Belhaven NC (River Forest Marina) to Portsmouth, VA (Portsmouth Boating Center) with a stop for fuel in Conjock NC

Second day Portsmouth VA to Ocean City MD, not yet selected marina.

Third day Ocean City to Lavalette NJ (Ocean Beach Marine Center) inside the intracoastal.

Each leg is about 130 miles.

First trip problem to cause this trip was owner took on diesel from a tank truck on land and they ended up further up FL where it got filtered. Then they hit a shoal in the intracoastal and bent shaft so repair took place in Belhaven.

Thanks.

Dana

If the weather is nice I don't see why you would not run outside in southern Jersey, and cut in the Barnegat Inlet. BI to OBM in Lavalette (right near my house) is about a 30 minute ride in the ICW. You must stick to the channel as the Bay can be very shallow. Very. The running joke is that if your boat ever breaks down in Barnegat Bay, you just get out and walk it home.

If you need help or a place to stay, depending on the dates you can use my house. Let me know; my kids may still be in school.

ParkerSal, thanks for the info.

My mistake on typing. We will run up to Lavalette and then get inside only because the marina is on the intracoastal side. Yes, you are right.

The owner has a slip lined up for the summer at the marina in Lavalette.

Thanks.

Dana

ParkerSal, nice inlet and intracoastal there at Barnegat.

We got to Lavalette yesterday around 4 PM from the NC run we started Friday.

We ended up at Sunset Marina in Ocean City MD Saturday night and for anyone in that area, it was another very good marina.

We stayed Friday night in Coinjock NC, at the Coinjock Marina, after only getting in 80 miles instead of getting to Portsmouth VA. Late start as one guy missed his connecting plane ride Thursday night.

Nice intracoastal NC to VA. Whole cruise was enjoyable. Tough boating Saturday in the ocean. We had to run 180 miles Saturday to make up the time, Coinjock NC to Ocean City MD. Then ran in tough ocean yesterday too, Ocean City to Lavalette.

I didn't see as many Parkers as I thought I would, but some were out yesterday off Atlantic City, further north, and north of Ocean City. Very few boats were out in open water Saturday.

Here is a photo of the 40 foot SeaRay Sedan Bridge we shuttled, a 1997.

Couple other boats photographed that my friend's wanted because of boat names. One is pink at Sunset Marina in Ocean City, with a corresponding name. The other is a 48 foot Silverton with a nice graphic on the back that the photo doesn't do justice. Back side profile of woman with a cigar in her mouth. Unfortunately I only got it with my phone camera.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC03256 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03256 (Medium).JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC03249 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03249 (Medium).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 578
  • Image(19).jpg
    Image(19).jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 578
Gotta love Joisey :oops:

Glad you guys are all safe. While you are in town see if you can eat at the Labrador Lounge. Just 1/2 mile north of OBM

ParkerSal, thanks, and what timing (a bit), I got back to MA today. I left Lavalette this morning with one of the other guys by van. Another friend of the boat owner sent a company van to Lavalette to pick us up and return us to MA.

We asked people at the marina where to eat. They aimed us within walking distance to a pizza place that was closed. We stopped at the Wawa's there and they said to go to Labrodor Lounge. The food was very good, we didn't know about BYOB, and we moaned so a family had an uponed bottle of wine at their table that they gave us. We had already overserved ourselves on the boat while we cleaned it and we had one of your liquor stores deliver to us.

The restaurant staff, and the boaters were all wanting to call it a night to watch the Sopranos.

All the people by the slip were helpful and friendly. Funny, nobody mentioned the Labrador.

Dana

Back