Need help finding a generic cover for 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled her out and brought her home for the winter!

I tested the cover, did not strap it down yet as I have a lot of cleaning to do and still need to winterize.
BUT
The cover is the bomb. Honestly, I'm beyond impressed, and wanted to post so that you could jump on it if it is still available.

Very high quality fabric (100% polyester), nice zippers and velcro, fits the whole 31 LOA boat noicely with pulpit, radar, 8ft antenna (down), rocket launcher galore. I have a separate cover for the o/b, the armstrong platform will not be covered.

I feel very comfortable recommending it. Albeit (obviously) I can not comment on the longevity, I have a very good feeling about this one, backed by 3 decades of dealing with various boat coverings. At the current discounted price it is an great deal, IMO.

View attachment 31527

If you’re in climate subject to snow/sleet/ice, I hope not but I think this big flat area covering your cockpit is going to give you issues.

No frozen precip and it might be fine but IMO that flat cover over the cockpit is not gonna deal well with snow....

Attachments

• F7BCD3B0-3262-4D55-8B53-24A3F0DAE947.jpeg
    F7BCD3B0-3262-4D55-8B53-24A3F0DAE947.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
If you’re in climate subject to snow/sleet/ice, I hope not but I think this big flat area covering your cockpit is going to give you issues.

No frozen precip and it might be fine but IMO that flat cover over the cockpit is not gonna deal well with snow....
I'm next door in northern NJ.
Snow?
This was my deck last Feb, lol
1638750723790.png

In all seriousness, I'll post pics tomorrow when I finish strapping the cover. I considered the need for a support pole(s) but it won't be necessary, when strapped taut over the cockpit the cover has enough angle to shed any snow.

And - a correction - this cover does fit over the bracket, so that's a bonus.
I'll post pics when I'm done.

I tested the cover, did not strap it down yet as I have a lot of cleaning to do and still need to winterize.
BUT
The cover is the bomb. Honestly, I'm beyond impressed, and wanted to post so that you could jump on it if it is still available.

Very high quality fabric (100% polyester), nice zippers and velcro, fits the whole 31 LOA boat noicely with pulpit, radar, 8ft antenna (down), rocket launcher galore. I have a separate cover for the o/b, the armstrong platform will not be covered.

I feel very comfortable recommending it. Albeit (obviously) I can not comment on the longevity, I have a very good feeling about this one, backed by 3 decades of dealing with various boat coverings. At the current discounted price it is an great deal, IMO.
View attachment 31530
View attachment 31531
View attachment 31532
View attachment 31525
View attachment 31527
View attachment 31528
View attachment 31529
Wow I think I’m gonna go for this one! So just confirming it has a whole for the antenna and you got the 27.5’ for your 2320 ?

Wow I think I’m gonna go for this one! So just confirming it has a whole for the antenna and you got the 27.5’ for your 2320 ?
Yes, the top opens up with a velcro strip, which falls roughly along the rear edge of the cabin roof (along the rocket launcher bar), it is aligned with the two zippered openings running all the way to the sides.

I'm happy to take more pics, I think I'll have it fully installed tonight.

I have a 8ft antenna that folds down (forward) towards the bow, and it is covered.

Really like this cover. The zippers permit access anytime you need to get inside without undoing the straps. I draped it over the boat myself with no help working with no ladder (just walking on top) - easy, it takes little time.

EDIT: looked at it again today after work, I think I'll run a ratchet strap from the platform over the cabin top/ radar dome to the tip of the pulpit rail, that will ascertain the cover does not pool water or sag under snow.

Last edited:
This is really good info for a "soon to be owner" of a new 2120 living up in Vermont. We get a lot of snow here! Thanks!

So, I finished today. I can't seem to be able to get home before dark, no good pics.
One thing I did, sort of following up on @Mpellet feedback, was to extend a ratchet strap from the tip of the pulpit rail, over the radar dome, to the back of the platform, kind of creating a crest / midline to support the cover and prevent it from sagging. Worked great. I used a neoprene pipe insulation to cushion the strap at points of contact.
1638925090807.jpeg
1638924942761.png

It was dark, so hard to shoot good pics:
1638925069484.png
The length of the T27 is perfect, it wraps nicely around the anchor up front and goes around the Armstrong bracket in the back.

The side zippers permit access - I can get in and out of the boat, just unzip the side opening (without undoing the tie downs/straps).
1638925369952.jpeg

Oh, and as an aside - those black dock rubber rail marks - come off completely and easily with acetone, no effort - a dub of acetone on a microfiber towel and those literally just wipe off.

--

Last edited:
I have successfully used a similar setup as MPellet posted for several winters, with the difference that I made some vertical supports. 90% of the snow rolls off the tarp. I have two 20x40" tarps, one I use for the winter months which usually last three winters then I re-use the old tarps for my summer set up at my second home where I have a line strung between two trees and I simply pull the cover back and forth over the boat to keep leaves etc off the boat. Only problem with the second setup is that I am limited to the location of the trees which requires close positioning the trailer under the line.

So, I finished today. I can't seem to be able to get home before dark, no good pics.
One thing I did, sort of following up on @Mpellet feedback, was to extend a ratchet strap from the tip of the pulpit rail, over the radar dome, to the back of the platform, kind of creating a crest / midline to support the cover and prevent it from sagging. Worked great. I used a neoprene pipe insulation to cushion the strap at points of contact.
View attachment 31558
View attachment 31556

It was dark, so hard to shoot good pics:
View attachment 31557
The length of the T27 is perfect, it wraps nicely around the anchor up front and goes around the Armstrong bracket in the back.

The side zippers permit access - I can get in and out of the boat, just unzip the side opening (without undoing the tie downs/straps).
View attachment 31559

Oh, and as an aside - those black dock rubber rail marks - come off completely and easily with acetone, no effort - a dub of acetone on a microfiber towel and those literally just wipe off.

--
Looks great! I pulled the trigger yesterday and called the company directly. Cover should be here by Friday. Thanks I’ll post some pics once I have it on.

Installed my Budge 22-24 foot 1200 denier cover today. It fits nice and is easy to install, does not cover bracket or engine, put separate cover on engine. It was only $360 on Amazon.

Attachments

• 1E980A8B-0A5D-41F9-B0A9-75ADAC4ADA65.jpeg
    1E980A8B-0A5D-41F9-B0A9-75ADAC4ADA65.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 25
  • F9B7F67B-6E4D-49DC-837E-22ACA31F34D3.jpeg
    F9B7F67B-6E4D-49DC-837E-22ACA31F34D3.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 29
  • E9599D96-15E0-440F-8B73-AADD21814496.jpeg
    E9599D96-15E0-440F-8B73-AADD21814496.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
Installed my Budge 22-24 foot 1200 denier cover today. It fits nice and is easy to install, does not cover bracket or engine, put separate cover on engine. It was only $360 on Amazon.

Thank you for sharing! I just got the cover today. Now I need the boat to show up! For anyone looking, keep your eye out for Amazon warehouse deals. I snagged mine for $160.

I purchased something called EGR-T27 on recommendation here - somewhere on CP, which I can not find right now to save my life (someone please help! lol). (I swear I saw it here on CP!)

Here is the link, I think I paid full price in the summer, looks like it is discounted now.
https://eliteshield.com/products/el...at-with-102-beam-width?variant=36802440659111
I have not used it, yet, still in the box. My boat is wet slipped and still in the water. So, I can not comment on the fit or anything but it looked good on a 2320 in pics here, and I didn't want to wait until its out of stock and miss out...

Sorry, I know this sounds ridiculous... but that's how I roll these days... lol. I work too much.

Ended up going w the The Elite Shield you recommend. Went with the 27.5’ since my outboard hands on the transom I put the cover over the whole thing. It’s a bit of a lose fit but once all strapped down she is totally covered! I also like the side zipper and whole for the antenna. Thanks again for all the help!!

Attachments

• 7DEE0C3B-E578-4703-AF35-E1AE11C9754B.jpeg
    7DEE0C3B-E578-4703-AF35-E1AE11C9754B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • A42E3EE5-81E7-49D4-98DA-F53D12709E4C.jpeg
    A42E3EE5-81E7-49D4-98DA-F53D12709E4C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 40
I'm in SoCal so don't need to worry about snow or ice buildup on a 2520. I currently use an RV cover. Cheap option if you don't need a form fitting cover.

Hi Mpellet,
I'd like to ask who makes your radar stand, with the search light bracket that extends out, and how high is the stand? Thank you,
[/QUOTE]
1642989287773.png

Hi Mpellet,
I'd like to ask who makes your radar stand, with the search light bracket that extends out, and how high is the stand? Thank you,

The pedestal is made by Sea-#$&*& :). Unfortunately I’m not sure what the second word is and I can’t find any pictures that I have of my boat showing the second word. The boat is currently covered and I will not be able to physically see that second word until the cover comes off in a few months. I bought the RADAR pedestal off of eBay about 14 years ago and I no longer have any record of the purchase. I just did a search on eBay and did not see anything that looked similar. What I did notice searching eBay is that the prices of RADAR pedestals currently for sale are approximately 3x what I recall paying for the mount on my boat.

In April, if you’re still looking for a pedestal, shoot me a message. The cover will be off my boat by then and the full name of the pedestal will be visible....(y)

Last edited:
The pedestal is made by Sea-#$&*& :). Unfortunately I’m not sure what the second word is and I can’t find any pictures that I have of my boat showing the second word. The boat is currently covered and I will not be able to physically see that second word until the cover comes off in a few months. I bought the RADAR pedestal off of eBay about 14 years ago and I no longer have any record of the purchase. I just did a search on eBay and did not see anything that looked similar. What I did notice searching eBay is that the prices of RADAR pedestals currently for sale are approximately 3x what I recall paying for the mount on my boat.

In April, if you’re still looking for a pedestal, shoot me a message. The cover will be off my boat by then and the full name of the pedestal will be visible....(y)
Ok Thank you,

Which budge covers are y'all using for the 2120? I figure same style one size up will be good for 2320
I use the 21-24 feet on my 2120 the extra length allows me to also cover the motor. Not at home to take photos but using my security camera, this is how it fit. Screenshot_20220127-133459_Blue Iris.jpgScreenshot_20220127-133529_Blue Iris.jpg

Hi Mpellet,
View attachment 32027
[/QUOTE]
I have a 2520 with a similar radar mount in a similar location (front/top of pilot house) with a GoLight. Just wanted to give you a heads up, I find the light to be borderline useless. The amount of reflection off the deck in front of the pilothouse makes it very difficult to see anything on the water at night. Boat came that way and haven't gotten around to changing it but when I do I will either mount the light on a platform at the bow pulpit or, if I am really ambitious, I will install flush mounted lights on either side of the front of the boat right under the bow pulpit. Someone here did that and said it really lit the area up in front of the boat.

If you still want the name, I will look on mine when I get home and let you know what i find.

Mpellet, do you like your light where it is mounted?

I have a 2520 with a similar radar mount in a similar location (front/top of pilot house) with a GoLight. Just wanted to give you a heads up, I find the light to be borderline useless. The amount of reflection off the deck in front of the pilothouse makes it very difficult to see anything on the water at night. Boat came that way and haven't gotten around to changing it but when I do I will either mount the light on a platform at the bow pulpit or, if I am really ambitious, I will install flush mounted lights on either side of the front of the boat right under the bow pulpit. Someone here did that and said it really lit the area up in front of the boat.

If you still want the name, I will look on mine when I get home and let you know what i find.

Mpellet, do you like your light where it is mounted?
[/QUOTE]

I leave in darkness on almost all my fishing trips and for the first 2 miles from my slip to open water I am in very tight quarters. Threading through moored boat boats and a very narrow channel. I run a saved route on my chartplotter and am usually on autopilot which makes it less work but I pass by a couple of very tight spots where my RADAR becomes cluttered even on the smallest scale. In those very tight spots is really the only time I use my light. Otherwise it’s always off and a rely on the RADAR and my night vision. The light OK for that but I strive to use the light as little as possible.

BUT

View attachment 31530
View attachment 31531
View attachment 31532
View attachment 31525
View attachment 31527
View attachment 31528
View attachment 31529

BUT

View attachment 31530
View attachment 31531
View attachment 31532
View attachment 31525
View attachment 31527
View attachment 31528
View attachment 31529
Looks great. Is this the 27’6” size? What they call “size 10” on their site? How is it holding up? Wondering if I get their “size 15” which is 34’6” long do you think it would cover the entire platform and outboard?

Back