Need help with water cooling hose.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Yamaha 250 4 stroke and when I started it I noticed water coming out from under the motor cover. I traced it back to a hose that popped off. It is located on the port side of the engin and the water is running through the engine and this hose seems to feed the tell tale discharge. The problem is I can see the water pumping out of the block and draining through the bottom. But I can’t reach in to get the hose reconnected it is back in there where you can get fingers. Has any of you had to deal with something similar and how did you reconnect it. I don’t want to have to take apart everything on the sid rod the engine. Any ideas?????

Walter

Welcome to the World of Outboard Motors...... You may try a pair of 12in forceps......or pull the lower Cowl.

Be glad it's not a Merc......Everything is painted Black....as soon as the upper Cowl comes off and you look down in there ....It appears you are looking into the Abyss....Can't tell one thing from the other.....It's all Black...in a Black Hole.

Thanks I bought a straight and curved set of needle nose pliers that are 12”. Found them in tractor supply on the discount rack. I will try them this weekend. Thanks.

Back