Needing New a Trailer Recommendations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windknotnc

Reaction score
I currently have a 7000# Venture Aluminum trailer. I have had it for about 7 years and it is showing a lot of rust on the non-aluminum frame and honestly is a little small for my boat. I have been looking at the 8400# Load Rite with torsion axles and pos-i-lube hubs. Does anyone have any other recommendations on a trailer? I have a 23DVCC with bracket and 300hp Suzuki. I am estimating boat, motor, fuel, etc... is probably around 5800#.

That is a lot of trailer for that boat length, but extra capacity is good if used a lot.

I had a 7,400 lb trailer originally and I went up to 8,000 lb in 2010 for 2530. It did not have the normal bearing buddies, I forget the name they had for it but the zerk was surrounded by grease with a removable rubber cover. Current trailer was from Tidewater. Good luck, there is a lot of trailer information around.

Dana

windknotnc":vcu1fokw said:
I currently have a 7000# Venture Aluminum trailer. I have had it for about 7 years and it is showing a lot of rust on the non-aluminum frame and honestly is a little small for my boat. I have been looking at the 8400# Load Rite with torsion axles and pos-i-lube hubs. Does anyone have any other recommendations on a trailer? I have a 23DVCC with bracket and 300hp Suzuki. I am estimating boat, motor, fuel, etc... is probably around 5800#.

A few months ago I had to replace my springs and a few hubs and all bearings. Mine is the original Shorelander from 07 and it’s Galvanized. The few things I just did were in hopes to get 3 more seasons out of it as the frame and axles are at their end. It’s on its last legs. Sounds like yours is in need of new springs and axles? Interested in your results. However, PM me if you buy a new one as maybe fixing yours might be an option to buy me some years for less $’s if you want to sell old one? We are in the same neighborhood so it could be possible? Been taking a beating on medical bills maxing out of pocket last couple of years so not really wanting to buy new right now...or next year if I can help it. Thanks.

dcunniff":1dsqpsrt said:
That is a lot of trailer for that boat length, but extra capacity is good if used a lot.

I had a 7,400 lb trailer originally and I went up to 8,000 lb in 2010 for 2530. It did not have the normal bearing buddies, I forget the name they had for it but the zerk was surrounded by grease with a removable rubber cover. Current trailer was from Tidewater. Good luck, there is a lot of trailer information around.

Dana

Posi Lube Spindles.......What I have been talking about to have. :wink:

Could a mod delete this comment of mine. I did not mean to comment on this thread.

Last edited:
Rolls Axle Trailers out of Plant City Florida is unquestionably the best boat trailer you can buy and it the only really all aluminum boat trailer on the market. Rolls Axle Inc.
If you can get them to build you one. Went back and forth with them for a month trying to get them to build me one for my 1700. They’d say yes, then not answer calls, commit to a build schedule, or communicate in any way. Finally gave up and bought a Load Rite locally.

also high end but stupid solid - sporttrail in Louisiana. i have one cuz it happened to come with the boat.

Owens and Sons builds a high end trailer in Florida.
Put my 2320 on loadmaster this past summer well built trailer but they cheaped out on the winch and winch mounting plate, had to use winch and winch plate from original trailer. Sold the new replacement parts they sent me as they were still cheesier then my original stuff.

I have a load Rite and it is pretty well made. However, I also had a Float-on and found that to be very well made and practically all aluminum. I even had stainless steel rotors and calipers, which were an extra cost. I towed my ranger tug for 10 years and close to 40,000 miles. No issues except the bracket holding on the tail light, but they have since used a thicker aluminum for them. her is the link. They are located in Vero Beach, FL. Float-On Boat Trailers - Floaton

Back