New 2120 SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDesrosier

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a new 2120 SC and my father just purchased an 18 ft CC. I found this forum. I live near cape cod. I had a 19 ft tidewater before the new parker. Any helpful tips are appreciated. I realized there is no fish box, and I am wondering what others use.

Thanks
John

Hello John, welcome to Classic Parker. Congrats on your new 2120 SC. Can you post a pic or two of your boat?

Hello, I just purchased a new 2120 SC and my father just purchased an 18 ft CC. I found this forum. I live near cape cod. I had a 19 ft tidewater before the new parker. Any helpful tips are appreciated. I realized there is no fish box, and I am wondering what others use.

Thanks
John
I use kill bags almost exclusively. Saves deck space and less cumbersome than a big cooler. Use reliable bags for shorter trips and Opa bags longer ones. In the pic is where I store it while underway and fishing

Attachments

• 0CD3C6B7-546F-4E35-9962-7ECDB1C8D20D.jpeg
    0CD3C6B7-546F-4E35-9962-7ECDB1C8D20D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
I use kill bags almost exclusively. Saves deck space and less cumbersome than a big cooler. Use reliable bags for shorter trips and Opa bags longer ones. In the pic is where I store it while underway and fishing
That's a smart idea. Is that bag full already?;)

That's a smart idea. Is that bag full already?;)
Opener last year so fish were still smaller grade. Had one teenager if I remember correctly but no the bag was not full. Reliable bags have less insulation so they can hold more ice/fish compared to the same size Opah bag. Opah bags are incredible though they can hold ice for several days

Oh, I see. How were your most recent fishing trips?

Halibut is wide open right now when the tides are smaller. Salmon is set to re open in my zone June 23rd. Fingers crossed I get some time to go. Tight lines
That's great. Can you do both at the same time?

Fingers crossed.

That's great. Can you do both at the same time?

Fingers crossed.
Yup. When I fish outside the golden gate the only close ramps are inside SF bay which has loads of California halibut. Gonna run the Parker for some halibut this Friday but the tide is big so not sure how well i’ll do

Yup. When I fish outside the golden gate the only close ramps are inside SF bay which has loads of California halibut. Gonna run the Parker for some halibut this Friday but the tide is big so not sure how well i’ll do
That's gonna be fun, hope the sea is okay. Do you go alone?

If no cooler, where do you keep the ice for the bag? Can see a bag for fish too long for cooler
In Florida it takes a lot of ice
200 # minimum to get them cooled down

If no cooler, where do you keep the ice for the bag? Can see a bag for fish too long for cooler
Florida is a different animal, I am in the Northern California where it’s quite a bit cooler. There are plenty of days where it’s warm but a reliable bag will hold ice all day. An Opah bag should work well in your climate while still saving you deck space. I would buy a size up for Opah bags vs Reliable bags as they have thick insulation

Last edited:
Yes, you can do salmon and halibut on the same day, easier when the halibut are outside the bay, bigger fish and closer to the salmon grounds.
2 guys on a 2007 2120, works fine on calmer daysView attachment 33397
That’s a nice haul! Had a day like that outside the gate when the halibut start lay up on the north bar. Think it was around mid or late July most years. We set a couple drifts with live chovies and scored two limits of nice grade butts. We then managed a couple chromers trolling between the middle grounds and the DR1 buoy. Not as good as you but a good day non the less for us

Yes, you can do salmon and halibut on the same day, easier when the halibut are outside the bay, bigger fish and closer to the salmon grounds.
2 guys on a 2007 2120, works fine on calmer days
Awesome. Doing both on the same day indeed. Are you still fishing?

Awesome. Doing both on the same day indeed. Are you still fishing?
Yep, still fishing, I just started fishing a few years ago.
Life long diver - spearfishing, at 60, still enjoy diving more.

With the closure this year, the bay is getting hammered , but everything back to normal this week... Oh ya!

I use a 90 inch bag with 200 #s of ice on cape in mid summer 90 degree weather and ice will stay from 5 am till 3pm the next day on canyon runs. Sure you get some melting but it’s a non issue. Yellowfin come out of the bag ice cold.

Back