New 2520XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and ordered a new 2520XL today from Ron. It's been 15 years since I bought a new 2510 from him. Here's the breakout:

• 2520XL
    Single 300
    Anchor windlass
    Trim tab indicators
    AM/FM radio
    Open back with canvas drop
    Free standing 2nd station
    Rocket launcher
    Spreader lights
    West coast bow rail
    Ship starboard rear seat loose
    Garmin 1040XS GPS/DF/FF
    Garmin 100 VHF
    Go Light stryker remote spot light
    Bottom paint

99% of my use is casting for Stripers on the lower Potomac River and some Chesapeake Bay. 60% of that is only me, the other 40% is 1 or sometimes 2 additional people. I wanted the rear starboard seat delete, but had it shipped uninstalled in the event that the next owner wants to install it. With the open back and seat delete it should really open up the cabin area.

Now the waiting starts. :wink:

Thanks guys. I felt like calling Ron today and asking "is it in yet". LOL

Just starting the second season with my 2520 XL & love this boat. My wife & logged ~175 hours last year, and are only a little off that pace again this year. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours.

Nice boat. Lots of luck. Can you trailer that boat ?

Marty D":1izljd6p said:
Nice boat. Lots of luck. Can you trailer that boat ?

I didn't order a trailer but still considering one. I suspect that rig would be at the top of my tow vehicle's 9200lb rating and I'd also need the special permit due to the 9.5' beam. It would be nice to have a trailer to haul the boat out when I need to rather than have the marina do it.

thanks everyone. I'm now in week 3 since ordering.

The boat arrived at the dealer today. I ordered April 27, build to arrival at dealer took exactly 2 months. Looks like they already installed the Garmin 1040. The seat sitting on the deck is not fastened down, I ordered the starboard rear seat loose and will just store it. Vast majority of my fishing will be 1-3 people. The seat delete and open back really open things up. I already have a bunch of stuff for it, 2nd station cover, ordered the cabinet set for the port rear seat, etc, etc. Hopeful to get it later this week. More to come.

953BNw.jpg

KQLhJA.jpg

vT4dSm.jpg

Yes she is, can't wait to get the first fish blood on the deck. LOL

Already ordered the transom graphics. Rock Crusher :mrgreen: :wink:

I've always been surprised that there are so few OBs. In my mind it's perfect around here. No narrow doorway to squeeze through and when the weather turns cold or bad, put up the rear curtains. She'll be at Goose Bay Marina, dock C. Where are you located? Thanks...

I live down river near Tall Timbers. Right now I am keeping boat on trailer but typically fish from south of St Clements Island to the Chesapeake Bay. Fishing is very slow right now in that area unless you want perch or croaker (which are great eating). Currently working on some boat projects, house projects, and youth sports but will probably be back out fishing in 4 or 5 weeks. Good luck and maybe we'll touch base during the fall run.

Back