New 2520XLD Pricing - - - WOW WOW WOW

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YIKES!. $200k. But wait,,,, check out the fine print....* includes bottom paint and Coast Guard Kit...... now -that's- a bargain!. ...... Boats Inc. is an OK group of folks to work with. In 2004 its where I picked up the 2000 2520MV hand-me-down from Capt. Nick that I still ride today.

I just checked Yachtworld for 23SE prices. Three 2022-2023 23SE between 100K-109K. I paid $60K for a new one in 2018. Crazy.

You have a 250 on your 23?
That is a 10k upgrade it seems.
No, a I4 F200. Two of the SEs listed were 250s, one 200. I usually fish 1 or 2 people and the 200 still tops out at 40+mph and gets on plane pretty fast. 22-23 knot cruise I get @ 4MPG at 25 knots still 3+MPG. Take a lot of 60 mile fishing days pretty fast and efficiently.

Man thank you for those numbers! The thought of one with no forward seating and a soft top (basically a man's worth of weight) would be very economical to run.p

Man thank you for those numbers! The thought of one with no forward seating and a soft top (basically a man's worth of weight) would be very economical to run.p
That's my boat, T-top(soft), no forward seating. The open no forward seating is what I liked when I saw it. Not a family man, just fish and wanted all the room I could get in a 23 footer.

Attachments

• IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1110.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1113 (2).JPG
    IMG_1113 (2).JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 1
I just finished a total overhaul of my ‘95 2530. The only thing that wasn’t redone or upgraded was the tank (definitely on borrowed time) and some of the cosmetic stuff- new cushions, cabin carpet, etc. With new power, new electronics, new electrical, and a ton of upgrades, I figure I’m about $70k into the overhaul and pretty much running a new boat. For another $20k, I could do everything else and still be $100k below the purchase price for what is, in my opinion, a less capable boat (single vs. twins, basic electronics, smaller pilothouse, etc.). Pretty unreal to think about it.
25E49291-25E1-442A-81E4-55D2BEA2268A.jpeg

One fault I found was the rod/cup holders that were just ABS plastic with a thin stainless cap on top. When I discovered they were plastic I ordered all stainless Mate Series to replace them. When I removed the stainless cap I found the plastic was cracked and crumbling already. I contacted the owner of the Mate Series company who told me the problem was the gasket Parker was using was incompatable with the ABS plastic and caused a gassing reaction that degraded the plastic. He hired a lab to find the problem Parker owners were having. He said he'd contacted Parker already and didn't know they were still using that gasket. He told me I would have the same problem with the forward holders and sure enough were bad too. The owner offered me two stainless for the forward and backing plates for all four for his cost. I sent Parker these photos, told them I had bought three of their boats new and got a letter back from Robin. Short and not so sweet. The letter was one sentence that stated "yes, they had this issue on some newer boats." Here's photos of the old and new holders. In the first photo you can see my thumb print in the soft sticky plastic. I doubt a tuna could break the new ones. They weigh about 5lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1127 (2).JPG
    IMG_1127 (2).JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1133 (2).JPG
    IMG_1133 (2).JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Pricing on the new Parkers proves that there are a lot of people in this country with a lot of $$ or a lot of people really good at borrowing $. Toss in electronics and other essential gear required to equip a new boat, a few rods and some tackle, a trailer, sales tax and you’re pushing $300K for a new 2520 and of course that’s without a tow vehicle…..

I just finished a total overhaul of my ‘95 2530. The only thing that wasn’t redone or upgraded was the tank (definitely on borrowed time) and some of the cosmetic stuff- new cushions, cabin carpet, etc. With new power, new electronics, new electrical, and a ton of upgrades, I figure I’m about $70k into the overhaul and pretty much running a new boat. For another $20k, I could do everything else and still be $100k below the purchase price for what is, in my opinion, a less capable boat (single vs. twins, basic electronics, smaller pilothouse, etc.). Pretty unreal to think about it.
View attachment 36445
That's a mighty fine ClassicParker you have there. Better still is the Peace of Mind you have knowing you have ben through all her systems and fittings and there are no "hidden gems" like Capt. Nick's disappearing rodholders (above) lurking aboard. I did the same repower/refit in 2015 and consider it money well spent to buy another 20 years of SaltLife with the same Peace of Mind. Let's keep these older ClassicParker girls on the water for many more years to come!

Attachments

• BoatMirrorSlip2017.jpg
    BoatMirrorSlip2017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back