New and Looking at 23ft '01 sport cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainS

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for insight on older parkers. I'm currently looking at a 2001 2320 with a 2007 suzuki. Were these boats only a modified V back then? I know all pilot houses will "pound" if you run them too hard in a chop. Are mod V's going to pound more?

Anyone with a 99-02 have first hand experience they could share?

I appreciate any info!

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!

The modified vee hulls will be a rougher ride than a deep vee.

As far as what hulls were offered in that timeframe, I can't help you with that. However, if the boat is out of the water, look at the hull. If it has one strake on the bottom "vee" part of the hull, it's a modified vee. If it has two strakes, it's a deep vee.

Hey all,

Looking for insight on older parkers. I'm currently looking at a 2001 2320 with a 2007 suzuki. Were these boats only a modified V back then? I know all pilot houses will "pound" if you run them too hard in a chop. Are mod V's going to pound more?

Anyone with a 99-02 have first hand experience they could share?

I appreciate any info!

Thanks!
Hi Capt S, Welcome to Classic Parker! The 2320 you're looking at is one of the most popular Parkers out there.... Pelagic2530 gave good advice on how to identify the hull; deep-V or Mod..... I wanted to add, that not just 'all pilothouse boats', but all boats (pilothouse or not) will pound under a given set of circumstances, sea conditions, and who's controlling the throttles! I've been on countless boats; (Fountains, Grady's, Formulas, Contenders, Main Ships, Cruisers.... + + +) and any boat can pound under the right conditions. With that said, there is certainly a smoother ride in the cockpit of our deep-V 2520 XLD than what I experience at the helm in the pilothouse; and it's because I am closer to the bow; but that can be said about all style/types of boats. Our Parker, because of the hull-design and displacement (weight) is one of the best riding boats I've been on that can handle a wide variety of sea-states....

Last edited:
Back