New Boat Fish Record

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
Headed out in the mid bay for the first fishing foray from my new marina. Despite the small craft advisory, the wind had knocked down the waves to a choppy "less than a foot". Right out front put out a three rod light tackle spread: Tandum chartruse bucktails, an umbrella spoon rig for bluefish and a white umbrella with storm shad baits. I like to troll east to west or west to east but with the wind and the deep vee it wasn't going to happen. Into the wind wasn't producing and all fish were caught on the following sea. The Pilothouse kept us protected! Released several shorts, boated 1 nice sized blue, keeper rocks of 22, 23, 24 inches and this beauty at just over 34 inches:

Had the company of a Coast Guard C-130 orbiting over us all day as well as dive rescue teams on jet skis and numerous law enforcement boats. A sail boat was found unmanned overnight. Turns out to be a former diplomat and current the editor of Washingtonian magazine that was missing.

Attachments

• fish_0001.jpg
    fish_0001.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 328
Nice job there Ranger!

I had my trolling gear ready to go Sun morning, but since it was just me and the Admiral, I decided we'd LTJ or sling some bait instead of fighting the SCW.

Went out to Hacketts Bar where the seas were a manageable 1 to 2', but the wind was howling so drifting without a drift sock was out of the question.
Besides... have you ever seen the mouth of the Severn on a weekend? Blowboats as far as the eye can see. I'd guess that (other than the racers) 70% of the sailboats were motoring. :?

We ducked back into the creek and found a nice little perch hole that was serving up WP in the 10 to 12" range. I got mine on a #2 Mepps Agila and the Admiral used cooked shrimp on circle hooks.

Not nearly as nice as your fish, but it was pullage! :wink:

Megabyte":lnoyyuw1 said:
...Went out to Hacketts Bar where the seas were a manageable 1 to 2'...
We ducked back into the creek and found a nice little perch hole that was serving up WP in the 10 to 12" range...Admiral used cooked shrimp on circle hooks.

Cooked shrimp? Have never had any bites on cooked shrimp. I always buy the jumbo uncooked shrimp at Giant Foods and seem to do OK.

Yep. Frozen cocktail shrimp (ready to eat). I get it in a 2 lb bag in the frozen food section of Grauls (Cape St Claire).
It was our primary bait at WAF Annapolis last year. :wink:
Perch and spot can't resist em!

Image-086D5E4DE65811D9.jpg

Image-086D85B4E65811D9.jpg

We even got some small Rock on the shrimp over at the 'pipe.

Image-086E4B15E65811D9.jpg

What were you using that day? :)

Image-086E1F5DE65811D9.jpg

Back