Quantcast

New forum

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

Migolito

Reaction score
Maybe this has been proposed before, but...
I propose a new forum titled "Suggestions to Parker Marine".
There are many experienced Parker owners who have fantastic ideas on how to improve the Parker design/options. I have an idea PM is reading this site.

M

cbigma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
M....

I can assure you that Parker Marine is keeping up with the ClassicParker community. This is a perfect opportunity for them to see first-hand user feedback on design issues, and reaction to model changes etc. I suggest to you that this entire site is one big "suggestion box" for Parker Marine to ponder.

We are clearly the "owner's manual" that would have come in the glove compartment of every Parker if they were so equipped. :lol:

If you browse through some of the postings on the Projects, or Power, or All Parker Boats forum, you will see that we are not at all bashful about posting our opinions or suggestions regarding design, fit and finish. These suggestions and "wish list" items are already pervasive on the forums, and we do it in a very positive way from the perspective of current Parker owners.

In my opinion, our suggestions for improvements are better left where they are, in the context of the subject matter postings, rather than pulled out into a laundry list of things we'd like to see changed on our Parkers.

As you will see, we have lots of clever Parker Owners who are extreme project enthusiasts. It is not unusual to find a little improvement, or unique approach in just about every project-related post. That's half the fun of hanging around here,,,, you never know what these guys are going to come up with next!. :shock:

John

Porkchunker

Reaction score
I agree...this site is one big Parker owner's manual.

Also, when someone makes a modification, with pics, it is almost always has a positive, enthusiastic spin to it. It is not a bash against the boat, or the manufacturer, but a desire on the part of the ACTUAL owner to make an improvement, or show someone else how to fix/maintain some aspect of a Parker.

Pulling recommendations to Parker into one area, might attract the whining, and negative stuff that ended up taking down the Parker Marine Inc. message board. It might also be a stopping point for non-Parker owners, or sales people of other brands to take a swipe or two. The nice thing about CP now, is that nearly everyone has a pic or two of their ride, and therefore are in general bonafide Parker owners. Bonafide owners leave a much different tone in their postings. Just go over to any other boating site and see the bashing of the manufacturers and their boats by people who don't own them.

I believe Dale has created a great environment here for us to share our Parker boating experiences. I believe a tweak here or there might be needed from time to time, but creating a special area to make recommendations to Parker, is not needed.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Thanks CBIGMA and Porkchunker ... as I couldn't have stated it any better myself. I too feel the pride of ownership as displayed in the variety of projects presented.

Think about it, we have everything represented here, from:
  • Cruisers, to
  • Dive boats, to
  • Family boats, to
  • Ferry boats (the CC w/ side-access door for wheelchairs), to
  • Fishing boats, to
  • 6-Pack Charter boats, to
  • Police & Fire boats, to
  • Towing service boats, to
  • Work boats
I for one cannot think of ANY other boat brand that is just so darn versatile ... and IDEAL for any customization that fits YOUR specific need and wants as a boat owner!

And lastly, and most important, I too intend to keep this board above any of the fray that resulted in the demise of the original Parker-sponsored boards. Keep the input coming :D , thanks!

Principal Reeler

Reaction score
Hi, all...

I'll second everything that's been said by Dale, cbigma and Porkchunker.

In the short time at my marina, I've had MULTIPLE dock mates that have commented on the versitility of my Parker :D .

On Columbus Day the owner of a really nice Four Winns 30' or so cruiser told me that I had all that is needed for a great boat... fishing ability, a place to put my little self on a pillow and blankee (with room to spare for making coffee and fry and egg or two !), PLUS enough deck space to invite him and his five mates for a pop or two...not sody pop 8).

Best decision I ever made... to adopt my 23' W/A :lol: :eek: :D 8)

Principal Reeler

Reaction score
PS

I love this my Parker forum almost as much as my girlfriend :lol: .

PPS Come to think of it, she better not ever ask me to make a choice :shock: :D :eek: :lol: 8) :wink: