New guy checking in

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great, you clearly had a nice time out there. Have you tried its Twin 200s at full power yet? Thanks for the reply.

Not yet, both times I had out its been pretty windy and choppy. Hopefully I will get a day later this week where it calms down a bit and can really mess around with that and also the optimal trim, speed and fuel consumption combo

Not yet, both times I had out its been pretty windy and choppy. Hopefully I will get a day later this week where it calms down a bit and can really mess around with that and also the optimal trim, speed and fuel consumption combo
Thanks for your reply, just keep us posted?

Sure will, probably will head back out on Sunday. Somehow all my electronics were hard reset, the dealer is coming by on Saturday to load all the settings back up. I noticed that my camtrak display for the Optimus 360 system was shifted to the left and I was not able to read the entire screen, the CL6 display kept telling me the system scan was not completed and the chart plotter was not reading out all the engine info. Everything still works but not like it should. He said they configured everything as part of the delivery checklist. I am thinking that when they installed the radar somehow everything got rebooted. They put that on after they took it out to test everything.

As a silver lining I am not really upset about it, I will be able to get a better understanding of how everything is linked together and configure it all by watching him.

Last edited:
As a silver lining I am not really upset about it, I will be able to get a better understanding of how everything is linked together and configure it all by watching him.
Right, that's a perfect time to have a good grasp of the entire system. Better yet you can do the configuration yourself with him watching.:) Hope everything is fixed, and head back out Sunday?

Thats a good idea actually, as a side note I am about to retire from the military and plan on using my last six moths attending a marine service and technology course at a local technical school. Figure mine as well since Uncle Sam will pay for it. Not sure exactly what I want to do once I get out but at a minimum I will be able to service my own boat once finished with the course.

Thats a good idea actually, as a side note I am about to retire from the military and plan on using my last six moths attending a marine service and technology course at a local technical school. Figure mine as well since Uncle Sam will pay for it. Not sure exactly what I want to do once I get out but at a minimum I will be able to service my own boat once finished with the course.
I wish you the best with your upcoming retirement and with your upcoming training... It's great to know we have folks like you as CP members! Thank you for your service....

Everything went pretty good today, minus needing a 32GB micro SD card for the chart plotter in order to update it. Stopped by Office Depot and picked one up so next time down to the marina I will get the chart plotter up to date.

Apparently the Optimus Camtrak display wont pick up on a route you made to a waypoint via the Garmin without the latest update, (that's why I need an SD card.)

The tech that met me wrote the syllabus for the Yamaha portion of the course I am going to attend, I basically got fed a firehose of information once I told him what I was planning to do. Pretty interesting day!

I decided to go for a cruise to mess with the electronics after updating what could be updated to get a feel for everything. The water was beautiful today, pics attached.

There is a storm blowing in from south FL, its kicking up a nice swell, probably going to catch a wave or two in the AM, (I like to surf) By Tuesday it should be gone then I will head offshore to find some grouper.

Attachments

• tempImageDcWQwA.png
    tempImageDcWQwA.png
    12.1 MB · Views: 17
  • tempImageuBOSeZ.png
    tempImageuBOSeZ.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 18
That's great. Thanks for your service and congratulations on your upcoming retirement.(y)
Good luck on that course, enjoy the forum and your beautiful boat.

Thanks for the replies, and continue to keep us in the loop?

Back