New Here with 254DC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff208

Reaction score
Sold my Sea Ray 44 Sedan after many years of enjoyment. Wanted to go the Day Boat path and some trailering .. Boating 8 months in FL and NJ in the summer.

Love the classic lines and reputation of Parker. DC fits our lifestyle.

Just a few new boat things of which I have corrected..

Question:
I had some water in the rear bilge and have repaired a few leaking plumbing issues.. I still get water draining from the front on the boat ? I assume that's normal with any wash down ? A little paranoid since the plumbing issues were discovered. I have not accessed the front bilge yet but assume that its under the front bow step locker ?? Take that out and its underneath ? So I will assume that its normal for 1/2-1 gal sitting in my rear bilge - Seems like its always there ? No such think as a completely dry boat ?

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 14
Welcome fellow 2540 owner! I love the hull color you got. Scratching my head on your water issue though. You say this happens after a washdown? How have you found the boat in decent waves?

I think that I solved the water intrusion issues as to the plumbing shortfalls on the production side. There were also some misplaced deck gaskets deck that also led to excessive water when washing down. I did have to pull and reset and partially replace those. All minor but shouldn't be with a new boat. Beyond all this minor "shakedown stuff." Parker lives up to their reputation. I did let Parker know of the minor production issues. I am sure that they will correct. Overall Fit an finish is an A+. The ride exceeds expectations . True and tried hull, she really crushes the chop. I had her through some nasty 4 ft slop and had a dry ride. Awesome boat.. !

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 6
Back