New member in Northeast

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Greg

Reaction score
Hi All.

Just bought a beautiful condition 2002 Parker 2520 XL and am fixing and modding now. I hope to become a contributing member over time. I am so happy to be a member of this exclusive club.

Hi All.

Just bought a beautiful condition 2002 Parker 2520 XL and am fixing and modding now. I hope to become a contributing member over time. I am so happy to be a member of this exclusive club.
Welcome to the CP family Capt. Greg!! Here you will find an abundance of information.

............ and am fixing and modding now.
You just captured the allure of Parker boats. They are so damn configurable, like a blank canvas just waiting to be customized by each individual Parker owner to suit their own dream of what a fishing/diving/cruising/family vessel should be. No two Parkers will be modified in the same way. We all started out just like you, seeking information and inspiration from other Parker owners. Welcome to ClassicParker Capt. Greg.

Hi All.

Hey Capt Greg, welcome to ClassicParker and congrats on your new-to-you 2520! ..... When I first joined here I asked, "Why would I want to belong to a club, that would have someone like me as a member"?! That's an old joke, but it popped in my head when you referred to this as an 'exclusive club'.... it's pretty much the opposite of that, other than most of us really like our boats! ☺

Hey Capt Greg, welcome to ClassicParker and congrats on your new-to-you 2520! ..... When I first joined here I asked, "Why would I want to belong to a club, that would have someone like me as a member"?! That's an old joke, but it popped in my head when you referred to this as an 'exclusive club'.... it's pretty much the opposite of that, other than most of us really like our boats! ☺
Hi Andy. Hope Capt. Greg is not too hokie. I was gonna go w greg but figured it’s prob taken. Thx for ur reply. I really appreciate ur sentiment and I mostly meant the privilege of us all owning such great boats (exclusive in that way). And I do love my new girl.

You just captured the allure of Parker boats. They are so damn configurable, like a blank canvas just waiting to be customized by each individual Parker owner to suit their own dream of what a fishing/diving/cruising/family vessel should be. No two Parkers will be modified in the same way. We all started out just like you, seeking information and inspiration from other Parker owners. Welcome to ClassicParker Capt. Greg.
Thx Cbigma. One of my first projects will be putting in a vacuflush toilet. R there any plans on how Parker puts in toilet and the holding tank and pump out in on current 2520’s?

Hi Andy. Hope Capt. Greg is not too hokie. I was gonna go w greg but figured it’s prob taken. Thx for ur reply. I really appreciate ur sentiment and I mostly meant the privilege of us all owning such great boats (exclusive in that way). And I do love my new girl.
Nothing hokie about 'Capt. Greg'... There's a lot of other Capt's on this site too. Where I live everyone who has a boat is called Captain 'something-or-nuther'... George, or Fred or Dave, Bill, Ralph or whatever... We have four friends named George. They are all Capt. George to each other. I think they would be offended if one of us called them by there name, without adding Capt! Once again, welcome to CP....

Last edited:
Nothing hokie about 'Capt. Greg'... There's a lot of other Capt's on this site too. Where I live everyone who has a boat is called Captain 'something-or-nuther'... George, or Fred or Dave, Bill, Ralph or whatever... We have four friends named George. They are all Capt. George to each other. I think they would be offended if one of us called them by there name, without adding Capt! Once again, welcome to CP....

Thx Cbigma. One of my first projects will be putting in a vacuflush toilet. R there any plans on how Parker puts in toilet and the holding tank and pump out in on current 2520’s?
Some thoughts on adding the Vacuflush. Use better components than what comes standard with Parkers. The Vacuflush systems are better so at least you are thinking about a better quality head than what comes with the Parkers. The Parkers system doesn't have a separate 'water-in', 'water-out', flush/dry-bowl switch. We have the factory electric head on our 2013/2014 2520 XLD. We don't use it, mostly because Parker (and most other production builders) also use cheap head hoses that are vapor-permeable, as is the 'plastic' holding tank. It's hard to not have 'head-odor' with a set up like this.... Our last boat had an 80 gallon stainless steel holding tank, and non-vapor-permeable hoses, after modifying them with Hardcast Foil-Ray butyl-sealant tape; we had no head odors. We also installed Raritan PH II heads. (we had two heads). They were one of the best available back in the 1980's.

I don't remember seeing many specific installation projects related to holding tanks, but the SEARCH function is your best source for any specific plans on ClassicParker. If you can't find it using creative search terms, then send an email request to the Parker Boats Factory. This is how we have collectively accumulated the documents you'll find posted in the forums.

FWIW, I haven't run across many fans of the holding tanks, or head plumbing in general. It may be that Parker Owners are more active/sporting types who lean towards buckets/bags or porta potties rather than a flushing/holding tank setup.

Remember the legacy of Parker Boats is heavily no-nonsense commercial and sport fishing. Design features to accommodate creature comforts were not prioritized over seaworthiness and fishability.

Good luck with your project.

Thx for reply.

Some thoughts on adding the Vacuflush. Use better components than what comes standard with Parkers. The Vacuflush systems are better so at least you are thinking about a better quality head than what comes with the Parkers. The Parkers system doesn't have a separate 'water-in', 'water-out', flush/dry-bowl switch. We have the factory electric head on our 2013/2014 2520 XLD. We don't use it, mostly because Parker (and most other production builders) also use cheap head hoses that are vapor-permeable, as is the 'plastic' holding tank. It's hard to not have 'head-odor' with a set up like this.... Our last boat had an 80 gallon stainless steel holding tank, and non-vapor-permeable hoses, after modifying them with Hardcast Foil-Ray butyl-sealant tape; we had no head odors. We also installed Raritan PH II heads. (we had two heads). They were one of the best available back in the 1980's.
Wow a lot for me to digest thanks. I had a 1992 Sea Ray Sundancer 500 and it had two vacuflush toilets w nylon or some such 50 gal tank in the engine room. No odors anywhere in cabin. Maybe tiny bit when we pumped out. I liked those toilets better than the ones in my house. Lol thanks for info. I will digest what u said. Where does Parker place the holding tank? That is what’s most interesting to me. How they lay it out not necessarily what name components they use.

Thx again.

Saw this one and believe it will fit. Haven’t looked at all reviews yet.

Attachments

• 80E4C2F6-8760-454F-815D-142F16298195.png
    80E4C2F6-8760-454F-815D-142F16298195.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Wow a lot for me to digest thanks. I had a 1992 Sea Ray Sundancer 500 and it had two vacuflush toilets w nylon or some such 50 gal tank in the engine room. No odors anywhere in cabin. Maybe tiny bit when we pumped out. I liked those toilets better than the ones in my house. Lol thanks for info. I will digest what u said. Where does Parker place the holding tank? That is what’s most interesting to me. How they lay it out not necessarily what name components they use.

If you search this site, you'll see a lot of CP folks (those few that actually use their heads) mentioning the 'head-odor' on the Parkers, mostly because of the specific components that are used. (The chemicals can help, but usually are not a solution). On the 2520, Parker installs the holding tank, centered under the floor of the pilothouse. It is 'accessed' via the hatch in the floor in the forward part of the pilothouse.
This video shows the location of the holding tank;

Last edited:
Thx for replying. I couldn’t play the video on my phone. I will try seeing on my laptop latter but I get the idea. Seems like the ajoining starboard (or port) locker to center would not be a bad compromise that I could do wo cutting the cabin floor.

Thx for replying. I couldn’t play the video on my phone. I will try seeing on my laptop latter but I get the idea. Seems like the ajoining starboard (or port) locker to center would not be a bad compromise that I could do wo cutting the cabin floor.
Btw, do u know how big a holding tank they use (gallons not physical dimensions)?

Btw, do u know how big a holding tank they use (gallons not physical dimensions)?
Hi Capt Greg, as you can see from the video, there is no way to measure the depth of the holding tank. (yes, length and width, but not depth, because it's built-in). Judging by a 'marking' at the top of the tank, and making the assumption that Parker uses the same tank for both fresh water, and for the holding tank, the answer would be 14.5 gallons. Also, there are other threads here on ClassicParker that say it's a 14.5 gallon tank....

Back