New member in search of older 2320 (or possibly 2120)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In process of moving my permanent home to Urbanna, VA. Been browsing this site as well as the Parker Owners group in FB for a while now. Looking at the following on FB Marketplace, though seems to be priced high. Just purchased our new (to us) home in Urbanna and with renovations budget is tight :(.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/344392530184567/

you don’t want that 1998 2320: it’s going to need a fuel tank replacement sooner than later. That would be discouraging within the 1st 24 months of ownership.

plus it’s 21 years old probably got water in transom, Stringers.

It’s got an old smokey 2 stroke.
Hold out. You’ll scoop one up, but I wouldn’t settle for someone else’s pending problems.

Thanks for the candor....would your thoughts be the same if I could get it mid-20k's? How about this one?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1160243767766012/

My thoughts would be the same if you got it in the high teens.... ask yourself this: Am I ok buying a boat that is going to need $6-12,000 in fuel tank, deck replacement, rewire, etc... w/ in the 1st 6 months of ownership? I sure wouldn't be cool with that. Also, I would not want to take on that project myself unless I had unlimited time: I know it would take me 2-3 months to start to finish a magnaminous project like that. My opinion? Stay away from boats older than 14 years old... yes, fuel tanks lifespan is 20 years...some more, some less. But, generally, you should be safe with fuel system, transom and stringers less than 14 years old.

YES, I would JUMP on that 2120 if that is the hull you want. I owned a 2011 2120, it was a freaking battle wagon: I bought that Parker new in 2012 with the Yamaha 150 4 stroke... not a speed demon, but an absolute battlewagon! Good price too. I would be inquiring on that boat unless you are holding out for a 2320.

Anywho...just my opinion...

Back