New member NJ LBI area

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJBayhound

Reaction score
Hello members, I'm glad I found this forum. I finally ordered a new boat, a 2022 21' SE. I always owned beat up smaller boats (Wore out 15' tri hull slipped in D-Bay, Wore out 18' Manatee cuddy cabin slipped in D-bay, and currently trailering/running a 14' privateer). The privateer has a new minn kotta on the bow and a decent ff/gps w/ side scan. Privateer was a decent fish catcher in the great bay area for flounder and stripers all summer in the creeks. But got tired of turning the pumps on every time a boat wake came or trying to stay on plane w/ 2 men in a 8" chop. Stern is literally 3-4's out of the water while drifting and isn't self bailing. After trailering her to the keys and jensen beach I realized I need a bigger boat. I did get her to and past the reefs edge a few times in Marathon but it was risky w/ late 90's evinrude 40hp. Couldn't troll much even w/ 17 gallons on board down there and couldn't troll less then 3.5/4mph up here for bass in the river. Bigger boat was necessary but also wanted reliability.

When I seen the msrp on the SE's I had to check them out (I never knew you could get a parker for that price) Got to dealer seen the boats were like 15k more then advertised and almost walked away. Walked on a few and left a deposit to hold a 18' SE. Thought about it for a day and realized the 18' wasn't gonna get me past the inlet much which defeats the purpose of a new bigger boat. Talked myself into a 21' and haven't looked back other then a 23' SE. For trailering 1-2 times a week the 21' seemed like a better fit and that was already way past my budget. 1st the dealer said Feb/March, then March/April when getting paper work together, and then April/May on paper signing day. Hopefully it comes in April in time for stripers/fluke/tog.

I've already learned tons on here just in the past week and could spend a month using the search or going way back in some CP forums. Can't wait to break in the 150 yami and get to fishin. Hopefully the tuna come back inside of 20 miles like the past 2 years...

Back