New Member, South Georgia- Fishing the Gulf Coast of Florida

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crtapp

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the new owner of a '93 parker 2510 walk around cuddy with dual 150 yamaha 4 strokes!
Couple of questions with likely more to come..

What are expected speeds and MPGs with this set up?

What are some of the roughest seas you guys have experienced in this boat or similar?

Likely a rewire of electronics in the future and thinking new electronics in the process, any recs? I like Raymarine products

And lastly if you've got any jam up spots along the gulf coast for grouper and snapper between steinhatchee and carabelle feel free to share lol

I do not like Raymarine. They are very proprietary and offer poor support. I would go with Garmin or Simrad.

In real world conditions, you'll see really close to 1.8 - 2.0 mpg with that setup.

I used to be a die-hard Raymarine guy. This goes all the way back to the Pathfinder series (early 2000's). Fast forward to 2020 ..... I've simply had too many failures with the Raymarine touchscreens. I'm now using an older Raymarine c97 using only buttons and it runs my Raymarine EV150 autopilot. Both the c97 and EV150 have been flawless. But you know what has been flawless ..... my 2006 era Furuno NavNet2 and 25kw radar and 1kw sonar. All Furuno. Every single function works all the time. Never a single hiccup. That's nice!!

In real world conditions, you'll see really close to 1.8 - 2.0 mpg with that setup.

I used to be a die-hard Raymarine guy. This goes all the way back to the Pathfinder series (early 2000's). Fast forward to 2020 ..... I've simply had too many failures with the Raymarine touchscreens. I'm now using an older Raymarine c97 using only buttons and it runs my Raymarine EV150 autopilot. Both the c97 and EV150 have been flawless. But you know what has been flawless ..... my 2006 era Furuno NavNet2 and 25kw radar and 1kw sonar. All Furuno. Every single function works all the time. Never a single hiccup. That's nice!!
I notice Those Furnos on a lot of older boats it seems they stand the test of time. I’ve been an inshore flats guy and not much offshore. Will the expense of a radar system be worth it running 20-40 miles offshore?

I notice Those Furnos on a lot of older boats it seems they stand the test of time. I’ve been an inshore flats guy and not much offshore. Will the expense of a radar system be worth it running 20-40 miles offshore?

If you plan on running at night - YES!
If you want to see the movement of rain/thunder storms - YES (but you could also use a Sirrus satellite feed into your Raymarine display)

I wouldn't own a boat without a radar.

If you plan on running at night - YES!
If you want to see the movement of rain/thunder storms - YES (but you could also use a Sirrus satellite feed into your Raymarine display)

I wouldn't own a boat without a radar.
Yeah I was just looking at those options and I got to thinking about the satellite radar option I feel like that’d be good but then I thought About how satellite TV goes out in bad weather soooo yea there’s that part too. Buy once cry once on the radar I guess lol

I know there are a lot of instances where radar is a "must have". For me, I couldn't justify the expense. I don't go out or return in the dark, I don't go out when its foggy, and my slip is just across the ICW from the inlet. I do have the Garmin GMX54 with Sirius weather linked back to my units to track weather.

Hey guys I'm in the new owner of a '93 parker 2510 walk around cuddy with dual 150 yamaha 4 strokes!
Couple of questions with likely more to come..

What are expected speeds and MPGs with this set up?

What are some of the roughest seas you guys have experienced in this boat or similar?

Likely a rewire of electronics in the future and thinking new electronics in the process, any recs? I like Raymarine products

And lastly if you've got any jam up spots along the gulf coast for grouper and snapper between steinhatchee and carabelle feel free to share lol
Hi crtapp, Welcome to Classic Parker.... Asking for recommendations for which brand of electronics is similar to asking what brand of truck is best; there are a lot of 'right' answers! ☺
For electronics, my vote goes to Garmin, for a number of reasons. They are easy/intuitive to use, and the one time I had a 'problem' with our 1040XS GPS Plotter, although it ended up NOT being a problem with the Garmin unit itself, still Garmin's customer-service was exceptional; I even got to talk with real, live, human beings! (they even sent me a new wiring harness, 'pro-gratis' in case that was the issue... And this was not a 'warranty' issue; it's a 2014 unit....

Back