Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srayne

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 2320SC last summer, they are great boats. I'm very happy with my investment. I have a couple of questions.....

The carpet lining in the cabin is starting to come unglued and is hanging down on the port side under the side window. Any suggestions for a glue to re-attach it? I tried 3m spray adhesive but it didn't hold for very long.

Secondly, my cabin door will not stay shut. I latches but pops open when trailering, the only way I can keep it closed is to lock it with the bolt. I don't really see any adjustment so not sure how to remedy this issue.

Welcome aboard. You have a very fine Parker, that 2320.
3M upholstery spray should work very well if you spray both the fabric and the fiberglass, then press and hold. Maybe try cleaning the fiberglass surface with acetone 1st, letting dry then attaching. Is there moisture present that is not allowing the adhesion? I had good results w/ the 3M product.

For the door, that is odd though I have seen others complain of the latch mechanism breaking. Consider looking at the "latch" that goes into the frame, take it apart, clean it, regrease it, re-assemble it. Look at the striker portion to see if its worn. But I would start there: dissambly, reassembly.

Post some pictures of your rig. Also, post a pic of the carpet where it is falling down.... We love the 2320's!

Back