Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspector 56

Reaction score
Good morning - I’m a new member, and in the process of purchasing a 2020 - 2320. I have a sea trial scheduled for tomorrow. Just wondering, any pointers or advice on anything specific I should check for/be aware of on the 2320?
Thank you

Welcome
A marine boat surveyor inspecting the boat is your best bet for not making an expensive mistake missing something. Personally I would never buy a boat without one.

Welcome
A marine boat surveyor inspecting the boat is your best bet for not making an expensive mistake missing something. Personally I would never buy a boat without one.
Thank you……. Purchasing through a reputable dealer who already spent a fair amount of time going over the boat.

If your financing and insuring it, a survey maybe required anyway.
I would also ask for the engine download.
No finance, but I am planning on insuring. I do have down loads, the boat and motor only have 69 hours on them, total.

Any backstory on why they are selling it? Personally, I'd open every hatch, flip every switch, inspect the wiring, pull the engine cover, check the anodes, eyeball the hull from stem to stern, inspect tires/hubs on trailer, check the gauges on the motor, get maintenance records, and run the crap out of it. I'm with Lucky John on this, unless it's your first boat and you don't know what to look for, I'd skip the survey. Unless you have a reason to suspect water intrusion or a motor issue, but leaks seem unlikely with a nearly new boat, and I doubt a surveyor would pick up an engine making oil in a 30min trial.

That being said, I was quoted just under $600 for a survey/sea trial when I bought my 2320, so if that $600 gives you peace of mind on a $100k purchase, by all means, do it. I chose to put my $600 towards new tires and a 100 hour service 🙂.

I guess this was yesterday...hope it went well!

PS: is the engine under warranty still?

Good morning - I’m a new member, and in the process of purchasing a 2020 - 2320. I have a sea trial scheduled for tomorrow. Just wondering, any pointers or advice on anything specific I should check for/be aware of on the 2320?
Thank you
Welcome!

I'm curious about the result of the sea trial. What have you decided?

What can a surveyor find that you can’t?

These Parker’s are so simple and straight forward boats. Im truly curious what you think a surveyor will find?

Lot's of things. May or may not not apply on an boat with 69 hours but, compression test. oil samples, structural integrity (with special tools) etc. The biggest thing he will give you is that signature of inspection. Not only will you have a piece of mind, it could reduce your insurance cost enough to cover the inspection. Sea Insure (Sea Tow) will not give you insurance without an inspections and there are probably insurance companies like that.

The sea trial went well. Everything worked as advertised. Only two issues found, half the led lights in the spreader light were out, and one under water light out, both being fixed now. The motor has a full extended warranty through 2025. The boat is in pristine condition. I received full read out/download on motor that had compression values as well. The previous owner is moving to the upper Midwest and is replacing the 2320 with a lake boat of such, hence why he is selling. The dealer is standing behind the boat as well.

I would make sure the pilot house was placed on the boat evenly and everything was sealed properly. Newer Parker’s commonly have some misses on them. Also, pop the engine cowling and look for any drips or salt build up. I’d say, 1 in 3 outboards have some issues with cooling water hose integrity. Usually it’s just a clamp or pulled hose. Nice boat. Enjoy.

I would make sure the pilot house was placed on the boat evenly and everything was sealed properly. Newer Parker’s commonly have some misses on them. Also, pop the engine cowling and look for any drips or salt build up. I’d say, 1 in 3 outboards have some issues with cooling water hose integrity. Usually it’s just a clamp or pulled hose. Nice boat. Enjoy.
Thank you, will do. Engine cowling was removed, engine was clean with no apparent leaks/drips or salt build up.

Back