NEW -N.C. Wildlife 18 Ft Parker w/200 Yamaha

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The previous bidder on the 21' Parker may have defaulted because there IS an engine problem. Someone above said he spoke to the resource officer prior to the auction closing and was told the boat and motor were in great shape. That isn't exactly corrent. The motor has an unknown issue causing it to bog down when accelerating both at start and underway. It is at times intermittent as well. So there is a bit of an unknown with that engine.
The first thing I would do is disconnect engine fuel line and feed it from small container. I had on 18 NCWL boat same issue. It ran perfect after deletion of anti siphon valve. It might be too restrictive for thirsty engine.

The first thing I would do is disconnect engine fuel line and feed it from small container. I had on 18 NCWL boat same issue. It ran perfect after deletion of anti siphon valve. It might be too restrictive for thirsty engine.
Probably NOT the issue. It just began happening before they decommissioned it.

Its reprehensible that they are not including all this information on the auction site.
If its a fuel restriction problem it could be a good buy. My Florida Wildlife boat had rotting decks but Im still happy I bought it.

Its reprehensible that they are not including all this information on the auction site.
If its a fuel restriction problem it could be a good buy. My Florida Wildlife boat had rotting decks but Im still happy I bought it.
My previous response was related to the 21' that auctioned last week. There are 2 boats being discussed in this thread. The 18' states it has multiple problems on the listing page.

I can confirm what Mthomas saw. I went to view the boat too and based on how they removed the decals you'd have to fair the sides and paint the boat. The officer also said it was bogging down as two others have stated. They didn't send it for maintenance due to knowing it would be sold at auction. Understand some people have had luck, but best to go see the item the state is selling. Probably why they didn't post any pictures of the sides. I have a few pics if anyone is interested.

Adverse760 For the question on the 1801, I have an 05 with a 200 Merc 2 stroke ex-wildlife boat it's sits normal, based on weight pretty similar to the 16 Yamaha 200 4 stroke. I'll try to find a few pictures or it sitting in the water. The scuppers sit above the water line by an inch or two. Happy to answer any questions.
That would be awesome to see some pictures of yours sitting in the water. Im in the middle of rebuilding my project 1800. Had to cut a few soft spots out of the deck, and put in a new tank. Now we’ve re glassed everything it’s almost time for paint and a new motor. I have been thinking about throwing the suzuki 140 on there if i can get my hands on one, however it seems the availability and deals on a 150 yamaha might be better. I’m just not sure about the extra weight.

I had 2003 1801 NCWL boat with 200 2stroke Merc fuel injection. It sat fine in fresh water and these are heavier boats. The only other variable for them is tower and hard top on most of them. Boats before 2000 are designed for lighter 2 stroke power and have deck about 2’’ closer to the water. On 1800 I would limit power to 115 Yamaha due to weight.

I just bought one from the state and THIS is how they removed the stripe…

Attachments

• IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4201.jpeg
    IMG_4201.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
I just bought one from the state and THIS is how they removed the stripe…
I bought one 2 years ago and they did not do that to the stripe - that being said it was in rough shape but still on. I knew if I removed it the gel coat would get damaged so I just masked off the hull and sprayed the 2 stripes with the same color green and left the stripes on the hull. It looks way better than had they been removed and the hull damaged. Had the spray paint NOT worked I was going to do what I'm about to recommend to you. Get someone who does auto and boat vinyl lettering and have the stripes replaced. In your case since they gouged outside of the lines I'd go with a wider, single stripe on each side of the boat. Pic a color you like and spend $200 and it'll look just fine. Otherwise it's a complete do over for that gel coat.

I bought one 2 years ago and they did not do that to the stripe - that being said it was in rough shape but still on. I knew if I removed it the gel coat would get damaged so I just masked off the hull and sprayed the 2 stripes with the same color green and left the stripes on the hull. It looks way better than had they been removed and the hull damaged. Had the spray paint NOT worked I was going to do what I'm about to recommend to you. Get someone who does auto and boat vinyl lettering and have the stripes replaced. In your case since they gouged outside of the lines I'd go with a wider, single stripe on each side of the boat. Pic a color you like and spend $200 and it'll look just fine. Otherwise it's a complete do over for that gel coat.
Thanks for the advice! That is definitely a quicker/cheaper option. Just makes me sad they can do this to state owned equipment without any remorse.
Imagine if they took a grinder to every highway patrol vehicle that left the fleet for surplus.

Back