New owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, just sealed the deal on a new 2520 XLD. Twin 200 yammies. Finally treating myself to my retirement boat, after 5 seasons being boatless.
Despite owning a few Whalers, I’ve lurked and lusted here. So, a new craft fully loaded, in ice blue, is mine. Splash her mid April.
Tom
Hi Tombro, congrats on the new Parker, and welcome to ClassicParker! For now, I have a 2013 2520 XLD and am loving it. Send us pictures when you get her in April....

Let’s see your pictures too Andy?
Hi Harstine, I see you're a relatively new CP'er. Welcome aboard!
I've got a lot of pictures of our 2520XLD posted here, well actually, I have mostly videos posted here on CP. I'd post more, but I don't want to wear out my welcome! ☺....
If you'd like to see our 2013 Parker 2520 XLD, go to Youtube, and 'search' Parker 2520, and/or search Parker 2520 XLD. The videos that come up by 'Andrew F Yakim' are our boat ('our' being my wife, and love-of-my life (in case she's watching!) for 45 years!). Or, go to Youtube and 'search' Andrew F Yakim. It will take you to my 'home page'. There are over 200 videos posted, mostly of ours, and other Parker boats that I've run across in my travels. My friends call it 'Andy's Parker Youtube channel!

Oh yes I’ve seen all of those, great videos and boat, Cheers!

Welcome Tombro! Congratulations on the new boat, you are going to LOVE it! We just bought our 2019 2520 XLD last July as a one year old used boat. She too is Ice Blue with twin Yamaha 200's. I have been extremely pleased with every aspect of this boat and hope you will be just as pleased. Here are a couple pix of our boat to hold you over until yours comes in. Please post photos of yours when you get it.

Cap'n Dan

Attachments

• IMG_4632.jpg
    IMG_4632.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200702_201649.jpg
    20200702_201649.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • Twins.jpg
    Twins.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
Welcome Tombro! Congratulations on the new boat, you are going to LOVE it! We just bought our 2019 2520 XLD last July as a one year old used boat. She too is Ice Blue with twin Yamaha 200's. I have been extremely pleased with every aspect of this boat and hope you will be just as pleased. Here are a couple pix of our boat to hold you over until yours comes in. Please post photos of yours when you get it.

Cap'n Dan
She is a beauty! Just like ours. I’ll have pics and more to tell once we splash her in mid April. We are stoked.
We’ll be running off the NJ coast, mostly fishing the mudhole.
Tom

Cap'n Dan
Georgeous!

Cap'n Dan
Your Parker is beautiful; I love the Ice Blue hull! Our 2013 2520 was one of the last 'Parker-off-white-ish' color boats that Parker made. I promised my wife when we bought it (used) that we could have the boat repainted if she REALLY wanted to. So far, she has forgotten about my promise! I also like your twin 200's. I'm satisfied with our single 300, but that extra 100 HP would be nice!

Your Parker is beautiful; I love the Ice Blue hull! Our 2013 2520 was one of the last 'Parker-off-white-ish' color boats that Parker made. I promised my wife when we bought it (used) that we could have the boat repainted if she REALLY wanted to. So far, she has forgotten about my promise! I also like your twin 200's. I'm satisfied with our single 300, but that extra 100 HP would be nice!
Thank you Andy! I really wanted one in Fighting Lady Yellow - I never could figure out why they quit using that color. I almost had my 1800 Awlgripped in Fighting Lady Yellow, but my boat guy talked me out of it because my gelcoat was in such good shape.

Cap'n Dan

Thank you Andy! I really wanted one in Fighting Lady Yellow - I never could figure out why they quit using that color. I almost had my 1800 Awlgripped in Fighting Lady Yellow, but my boat guy talked me out of it because my gelcoat was in such good shape.

Cap'n Dan
Hey Capt. Dan, I hope my wife doesn't see your post here; if she knew Parkers were ever available in yellow (Fighting Lady or otherwise), she would make me find a yellow Parker, just so it matches the house! ☺

I won't tell! They're just about as rare as 2830's!

Cap'n Dan
A 2830! Now that peaks my interest! If I could find one in great shape, it is one Parker that would tempt me to switch models!
I came close to looking serious at a Parker 34, but at this time in my life, best said, Been-there-Done-That for 28 years; stay with our 2520! (But then, a 2830 hmmm??)... I hope one day I find a cure for this boat-disease.

There is NO cure! You can only treat the disease. For me a 2830 in Fighting Lady Yellow would control the symptons... at least for a short while! When I bought my boat thru our local Parker dealer, Dare Marina, I mentioned my affinity for the 2830. He told me that Parker was considering bringing the model back...of course that was last July before the Parker family left the scene.

Cap'n Dan

There is NO cure! You can only treat the disease. For me a 2830 in Fighting Lady Yellow would control the symptons... at least for a short while! When I bought my boat thru our local Parker dealer, Dare Marina, I mentioned my affinity for the 2830. He told me that Parker was considering bringing the model back...of course that was last July before the Parker family left the scene.

Cap'n Dan
I guess if I had the option to pick my disease, this would be the one I'd chose! In some ways I hope they DON'T bring back the 2830. I really like the Parker I've got now, but I'd have to bring a 2830 home to Mama! (I know my wife would love a yellow one, she already told me so!).... And I told her that I'm sure a 2830 would be my 'last-final-boat'!
(I've had at least 5 'last-final-boats' in the past 40 years....yes, it really is a disease ☺).

Back