New Parker, HORRIBLE Ride

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rseate,

You certainly didn’t offend me, I’d be shocked if anyone else was. If my response came at you like I was somehow upset, absolutely not the case. Just talking boats my friend. You have yourself a good night...(y)

No offense taken, just re-read my post and concerned that it may have come off as condescending. Love talking boats, always welcome the conversation 👌

Although I have a 2320 with a 300, my 2017 would porpoise and pound when I first got it. I found the following have helped. Added a permatrim, huge difference on my boat. I also put as much weight forward while I'm traveling as possible. For example, we put 150lbs of ice in a kill bag up by the bait tank (mid boat). I did 175 miles yesterday, and 190 the week before with very little pounding.

Obviously you did not read the comments on Classic Parker before buying your boat. I had a 2520XL and it would beat you to death in the Chesapeake Bay. I have not been on the deep V but that would be my choice for offshore use. There are a lot of Parker pilothouse boats on the Bay but after having one, it is not my first choice.

Sell it and get a different boat. Market is high right now... you’ll probably get your money back. I had a 1801 and it rode great. Went to upgrade and tried all the larger sized Parkers and they all pounded with little chop. Good luck.Lots of brands in that size range but only a few that are 100% composite and have solid rides. Just go to the hull truth and put in Parker vs..... and you will see there are other quality boats out there. Good luck!

Back