New Parker, HORRIBLE Ride

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read all the comments again: there is some truth to the comments about accepting the pounding and going faster in some conditions. It is chippier (so to speak), but bangs less. We had to make a weigh in, it was dark, we were an hour out with about an hour to get there. Hang on, and hammer down....we made the weigh in and won the tournament....the boat is a beast really, it can take more than we can.

The dealer can adjust the computer so the engine will trim down more pushing the bow down smoothing out the ride. My buddy had the same issue w his 2320 u were always staring into the clouds while in the cabin.
computer adjusted motor trims down and under problem solved

The dealer can adjust the computer so the engine will trim down more pushing the bow down smoothing out the ride. My buddy had the same issue w his 2320 u were always staring into the clouds while in the cabin.
computer adjusted motor trims down and under problem solved
IF it was that easy then manually trimming down would work as well.... Not trying to hijack the post, but I'll be out several times this week. Willing to try any solutions and provide feedback.

IF it was that easy then manually trimming down would work as well.... Not trying to hijack the post, but I'll be out several times this week. Willing to try any solutions and provide feedback.
What I’m saying is manually trimming down it only goes so far.
for example my buddies 23 only trimmed down to basically even flat with the boat my 21 trims down and under.
the computer can be programmed to allow it to trim down more.
it pushes the bow down and lets the bow flare eat the swell.
you should be able to go offshore no problem.
im in so cal and take my 21 cc 70-80 miles offshore no problem.

Parker PH boats are known for their seaworthiness and stability, not ride quality. DV and MV ride quality is dictated by deadrise at the transom and where the captain/crew sits relative to the pitch axis (mainly well forward compared to a CC). This pretty much holds true for any similar style/brand boat. The other factor is beam to length ratio. The 25 DV and MV Parkers are 25Lx9.5W which makes a wide and stable platform to fish from but being relatively short for its width comes with a sacrifice in ride quality as well. FWIW the two best riding Parker hulls are the 23DV and the 28DV.

There is no reason to pound a boat. Pounding means you are simply driving too fast for conditions. Learn how to use your engine trim so you aren't fighting your tabs. The tabs on the Mod V are recessed so they cannot be changed. Move the weight forward to bring the deadrise at the bow into play.

FWIW with regard to Permatrims, since 2004 I have had 3 DV Parkers with Permatrims. The beauty of a Permatrim on a DV is they make the boat ride longer in the chop because it changes the pitch axis which allows the DV hull to go slower and ride level in rough conditions. IMO Permatrims are DV thing. Because of the relatively shallow transom deadrise on the MV and the natural lift it provides, compared to the DV I am not sure how much benefit a Permatrim would provide. That said, I would not own a DV Parker without a Permatrim.

For Blubby.......all of my rams have come fully retracted from the factory. I did have a fishing buddy with an identical 2320 who put a wedge between the transom and motor but after we installed a Permatrim he removed the wedge.

Last edited:
this doesnt help too much i will get one outta the water, but u can see that the engine isnt just level it pushs the bow down.
My buddys engine just goes level so with the computer tweeked it now fully extends and makes a huge difference that with the trim tabs.

What I’m saying is manually trimming down it only goes so far.
for example my buddies 23 only trimmed down to basically even flat with the boat my 21 trims down and under.
the computer can be programmed to allow it to trim down more.
it pushes the bow down and lets the bow flare eat the swell.
you should be able to go offshore no problem.
im in so cal and take my 21 cc 70-80 miles offshore no problem.
Blubby07, no disrespect but a comparison to your hull is not relevant, you have to have driven the 25' MV sport cabin, where your driving position is totally different than a CC. Everything that groupjim said is spot on. My motor tucks right under as yours does in your picture.

I have a brand new 2520 XL that I got earlier this year with a single 300hp Yamaha outboard. The boat is beautiful but the only problem is I can't take it in the ocean. If there's even a slight 1 foot swell the boat pounds like crazy. Multiple guests have gotten seasick despite the ocean looking like a lake on those days. I'm not sure what else to do. I have the trim tabs all the way down and engine trimmed up. Once the boat is up on plane (only 24-25 mph) it starts bouncing around like it's in 5-6 foot seas despite it being calm. If I don't bring it up on plane and go 16-18 mph it's a little more tolerable. I was told this was a rough ride and not meant for trips to the canyon, and I was fine with that as I don't do much offshore fishing. But I can't even go 2-3 miles off the beach with this thing. I'm at the point now where I'm willing to pay an extra $50,000 and trade it in for a XLD because I can't enjoy the boat as is. I've read people have installed larger trim tabs and that's made a difference. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or am I stuck?

The problem can be corrected if the engines were mounted correctly by adjusting the weight of the cargo in the boat and engine trim. Often most of the weight ends up on the stern leaving the bow light causing what you describe.

blubbly wasn't comparing his CC, but his friend's 2320. His point is relevant, if there is in fact, a computer program that changes the trim limits, especially if those limits are not set at max.

Blubby07, no disrespect but a comparison to your hull is not relevant, you have to have driven the 25' MV sport cabin, where your driving position is totally different than a CC. Everything that groupjim said is spot on. My motor tucks right under as yours does in your picture.
[/QUOTE
Not comparing hulls at all I was asked for a pic of the motor trimmed down.
best of luck to you.

blubbly wasn't comparing his CC, but his friend's 2320. His point is relevant, if there is in fact, a computer program that changes the trim limits, especially if those limits are not set at max.
Thank u I’ve got 20 years experience on all models of Parker’s.
thousands of hours offshore just trying to help I’ve dealt with this very thing.

Getting ready to purchase a 2021 25CC and reading the above has me a little concerned about ride. The reason for going CC over SE was specifically to improve ride on choppy days or the encounter with storms on the way in from offshore. Is it the opinion of those with experience with the CC that the ride will be rough with issues like pounding or proposing? Had a classic Aquasport that could help itself from either until I added trim tabs and at least the porposing was fixed. The pounding was always a function of conditions and speed. Is it fair to say the ride will be rough or is this an isolated case? Thanks and appreciate input. Mike

Getting ready to purchase a 2021 25CC and reading the above has me a little concerned about ride. The reason for going CC over SE was specifically to improve ride on choppy days or the encounter with storms on the way in from offshore. Is it the opinion of those with experience with the CC that the ride will be rough with issues like pounding or proposing? Had a classic Aquasport that could help itself from either until I added trim tabs and at least the porposing was fixed. The pounding was always a function of conditions and speed. Is it fair to say the ride will be rough or is this an isolated case? Thanks and appreciate input. Mike

I have a 2017 2501. I, like you, chose the deep V over the SE for the main reason that this was going to be my main offshore fishing boat. I seatrialed many boats before I settled on the 25CC deep V, including the 23CC deep V. I know everybody says the 23 deep V is the "best riding" Parker but I disagree. I was not overly impressed by it. I thought it rode about the same as all the deep V parkers and the space difference with the 23 vs the 25 is absolutely astounding. The beam makes a major difference. I do agree that the CC's ride better/different than the cabin boats for sure due to helm placement. That being said, I've been more than satisfied with my 25. No boat is going to ride well if the trim is not correct. With correct engine trim and trim tabs, my 25 rides very well. Can I throttle up to 30kts with a 3-4 foot steep? Heck no but most 25-32 ft boats can't do that well either. Throttle back, trim it out, let the bow eat into the chop and it's very doable and 95% of the time even comfortable. Yes it will porpoise when I trim engines up too far. However, trim engine down and problem solved. Again, many boats are like this. When I get to the fishing grounds, NOTHING beats the stability and fishability of my 25' Parker. It's a huge 25' boat. At drift or at anchor nothing without a SeaKeeper is better or more stable. Built like a tank and easy to clean I have loved every minute of it. I've been out in honest 6-7's and it's got me home without a bunch of fuss. Again, throttle back, make sure your props are pitched right, trim it out, and eat up the waves. PM me for any questions.

I have a 2017 2501. I, like you, chose the deep V over the SE for the main reason that this was going to be my main offshore fishing boat. I seatrialed many boats before I settled on the 25CC deep V, including the 23CC deep V. I know everybody says the 23 deep V is the "best riding" Parker but I disagree. I was not overly impressed by it. I thought it rode about the same as all the deep V parkers and the space difference with the 23 vs the 25 is absolutely astounding. The beam makes a major difference. I do agree that the CC's ride better/different than the cabin boats for sure due to helm placement. That being said, I've been more than satisfied with my 25. No boat is going to ride well if the trim is not correct. With correct engine trim and trim tabs, my 25 rides very well. Can I throttle up to 30kts with a 3-4 foot steep? Heck no but most 25-32 ft boats can't do that well either. Throttle back, trim it out, let the bow eat into the chop and it's very doable and 95% of the time even comfortable. Yes it will porpoise when I trim engines up too far. However, trim engine down and problem solved. Again, many boats are like this. When I get to the fishing grounds, NOTHING beats the stability and fishability of my 25' Parker. It's a huge 25' boat. At drift or at anchor nothing without a SeaKeeper is better or more stable. Built like a tank and easy to clean I have loved every minute of it. I've been out in honest 6-7's and it's got me home without a bunch of fuss. Again, throttle back, make sure your props are pitched right, trim it out, and eat up the waves. PM me for any questions.
Hi Dehusker, This is a nice explanation... I likely have the same hull as yours; (25 XLD)/ I'm new, so I don't know for sure. I've had many boats, and have been on countless others and I have been very happy with my Parker 25' ride in rough seas.... I've been in a few better, but I've been in countless rougher boats..... If nothing else, I know the Parker can/will handle a lot more than I can! ☺

Appreciate the feedback, sent you a message.

Back