New Parker VS Classic Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not terrible, but for what I paid I had expected better quality. I would like to know where the supervisor on the floor was on this one. especially the screw in the back of the cabin. the worker who was installing the trim on the back of the pilot house clearly said "fuck it" and taped right over the screw thats stick out 1/2". Makes me wonder what I haven't found yet. Keep in mind this is just what I haven't fixed yet. not shown is the repaired live well pipes and tightened rod holders on the gunnel.

shame on the dealer and parker boats, especially the items that are right out in the open and easy to see.

unfortunately it seems as though all boats have issues (most small) from the factory.Just get I fixed and enjoy your boat. 😎

shame on the dealer and parker boats, especially the items that are right out in the open and easy to see.

unfortunately it seems as though all boats have issues (most small) from the factory.Just get I fixed and enjoy your boat. 😎
thats where im at with it.

Its not terrible, but for what I paid I had expected better quality. I would like to know where the supervisor on the floor was on this one. especially the screw in the back of the cabin. the worker who was installing the trim on the back of the pilot house clearly said "fuck it" and taped right over the screw thats stick out 1/2". Makes me wonder what I haven't found yet. Keep in mind this is just what I haven't fixed yet. not shown is the repaired live well pipes and tightened rod holders on the gunnel.
One of the pitfalls of purchasing new. It seems to take about 1-3 seasons to shake everything out and make it right, thats if you care to. The dealer should be arrested and shot twice for letting you take it out of their yard like that, especially with that screw pushing the trim. yikes! What is that screw doing anyway?

i am looking at a new 2320 and this concerns me to no end. Are these common issues in new parker boats?

i am looking at a new 2320 and this concerns me to no end. Are these common issues in new parker boats?
For many years, there were people from Parker who monitored this site, and even 'participated' in the conversations. I don't know if the new ownership does (if so, their silence, is deafening).
I'd like to see/hear their reaction to these very-visible issues with Roper's boat. I agree, 'mostly' cosmetic, but... come on! For the most part, soooo easy to have fixed in the first place.
If they say, 'we didn't see it', I'd say they should have better training for some of the workers and/or supervisors, and "quality-control' folks.....

Roper’s story has a great lesson for all buyers. When the dealer calls to say your boat is ready, set aside a couple or three hours to crawl around it before you take delivery. I think dealers who offer to drop it off for you might be passing some of their job off to you, the buyer.

For many years, there were people from Parker who monitored this site, and even 'participated' in the conversations. I don't know if the new ownership does (if so, their silence, is deafening).
I'd like to see/hear their reaction to these very-visible issues with Roper's boat. I agree, 'mostly' cosmetic, but... come on! For the most part, soooo easy to have fixed in the first place.
If they say, 'we didn't see it', I'd say they should have better training for some of the workers and/or supervisors, and "quality-control' folks.....
I would bet that Parker people still monitor this site, but they won't engage in any of the conversations. Why? 1. They don't have the time. 2. They don't want the exposure to liability. 3. They don't really care, they are a production boat builder!

The bottom line on taking a delivery of a new boat (or used) is to inspect it, either yourself or have a marine surveyor inspect it. Yes, these appear to be small issues that may be easy fixes, but, when you buy new, the expectation is that everything should be right, correct and perfect.

“Disinterested Labor” is only going to get worse as we (hopefully) get back closer to full employment unfortunately. Has anyone ordered takeout in the pandemic and actually gotten their entire order?

I can fully understand the company not engaging in a third- party forum. If they did it would become a kumbya session of half apologies and new product launches. They probably have two or three marketing staff- it would be bananas. I do, however, agree with Baker’s last point— those are ALL on the dealers, and this market has made everyone forget what service and attention mean. If the dealer base pointed these out, Parker would listen or lose their distribution to other brands hungry for dealers.

I would bet that Parker people still monitor this site, but they won't engage in any of the conversations. Why? 1. They don't have the time. 2. They don't want the exposure to liability. 3. They don't really care, they are a production boat builder!

The bottom line on taking a delivery of a new boat (or used) is to inspect it, either yourself or have a marine surveyor inspect it. Yes, these appear to be small issues that may be easy fixes, but, when you buy new, the expectation is that everything should be right, correct and perfect.
Hi Baker, all good points! I'm afraid #3 might be the dominate number!

Back