New Parker VS Classic Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiebodie

Reaction score
Are the boats that Parker is producing today destined to become the Classic Parker boats of tomorrow? IOWs, are they made as well as the classics?

Are the boats that Parker is producing today destined to become the Classic Parker boats of tomorrow? IOWs, are they made as well as the classics?
I recently voted yes, with my money, lol.

But in all seriousness, who knows. They are definitely old school hulls, and overbuilt, too.

--

Mine is a 2015. I recently had the opportunity to move up in size to a different brand. The guy that owns the fiberglass repair shop where my boat is stored caught me one Saturday while I was down tinkering on the boat. He said “I hear you’re thinking about changing boats. I see almost every kind of boat made every year brought into my shop for repairs, except Parker’s. You’d do yourself a big favor and keep the boat you have. They’re the best built hulls on the water in my opinion. If you want to move up in size, buy their 25’ CC”.

a yamaha master mechanic and the service manager of a regulator dealer told me pretty much the same thing when he sold me my 2002 23 se cc. it had been his for 10 years. he was only selling her because he was retiring to the keys and had a 2501 down there.

I also voted yes with my money last year - 2018 23se

Is there a reason that you think they might not be?

I think all boat manufactures put their boats on diets as materials and build processes improve.

My 2320 is SOLID. From the hull to the pilot house and everything in between is rock solid.

I am disappointed with the lack of quality put into my boat by Parker. At first glance or passing by it looks great. But if you look a little closer, the attention to detail is just not there. Screws not installed, screws installed incorrectly, nuts cross threaded, loose rod holders, missing hardware all together, poorly installed seals.

I am disappointed with the lack of quality put into my boat by Parker. At first glance or passing by it looks great. But if you look a little closer, the attention to detail is just not there. Screws not installed, screws installed incorrectly, nuts cross threaded, loose rod holders, missing hardware all together, poorly installed seals.

I hate to hear that! I can honestly say I’m very satisfied with mine.

Is it perfect... No. Is it better than most....yes.
edit: Just a little disappointed in some of the small details in workmanship. Example, The OEM pie plates on mine were cutout and installed sloppy. Not all the mouinting screws can catch the floor. Doesnt look like they were using a template with the router that day. Not a deal breaker.

Last edited:
I have a 1994 1800 ....second owner... repowered in 2019... boat was well maintained by first owner... boat is solid and has not disappointed yet...

Mine is a 2015. I recently had the opportunity to move up in size to a different brand. The guy that owns the fiberglass repair shop where my boat is stored caught me one Saturday while I was down tinkering on the boat. He said “I hear you’re thinking about changing boats. I see almost every kind of boat made every year brought into my shop for repairs, except Parker’s. You’d do yourself a big favor and keep the boat you have. They’re the best built hulls on the water in my opinion. If you want to move up in size, buy their 25’ CC”.
My only dissapointment was the fuel tank failure after 15 years. My new tank is a much heavier gauge aluminum and is coated.

I’m pretty specific with my boating needs. I required large fishing deck, pilot house, 21 degree hull, fiberglass, outboard power. Not many builders check all those boxes.

I recently voted yes, with my money, lol.

But in all seriousness, who knows. They are definitely old school hulls, and overbuilt, too.

--
Hey Ski I voted with my money as u did , I took possession of a 2021 2320 pilot Hse after 20 yrs w a Striper , the ride is a little rough but other than that I’m pleasantly surprised and very Happ with my new baby !

Hey Ski I voted with my money as u did , I took possession of a 2021 2320 pilot Hse after 20 yrs w a Striper , the ride is a little rough but other than that I’m pleasantly surprised and very Happ with my new baby !
Sitting in the bow, basically, it takes a couple of trips to get used to the feeling. The premium chair with a big shock helps, lol.

Roper, that sounds pretty bad...got any pics?

Its not terrible, but for what I paid I had expected better quality. I would like to know where the supervisor on the floor was on this one. especially the screw in the back of the cabin. the worker who was installing the trim on the back of the pilot house clearly said "fuck it" and taped right over the screw thats stick out 1/2". Makes me wonder what I haven't found yet. Keep in mind this is just what I haven't fixed yet. not shown is the repaired live well pipes and tightened rod holders on the gunnel.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 124
The new 2801 is 1400 lbs. less than my '03. Also, my '03 has 300 gal. fuel capacity compared to 232 gal. for the new ones. I looked at the new 2801s and frankly would have a hard time swapping mine out. Not a big fan of having a smaller fish box across the transom.

Reactions: A-K
id hope they would be improved and built
a little better. i love my boat its very close the being amazing but look at how many people have soft spots in there decks, bad fuel tanks, and cracks around the transom area in older parkers. also using wood decks im fine with but not sealing around pie plates or rhe under side of the plywood is not a great idea

The new 2801 is 1400 lbs. less than my '03. Also, my '03 has 300 gal. fuel capacity compared to 232 gal. for the new ones. I looked at the new 2801s and frankly would have a hard time swapping mine out. Not a big fan of having a smaller fish box across the transom.

I’m not a fan of the new fish box. It’s too wide and makes playing a fish around the outboards too difficult.

Its not terrible, but for what I paid I had expected better quality. I would like to know where the supervisor on the floor was on this one. especially the screw in the back of the cabin. the worker who was installing the trim on the back of the pilot house clearly said "fuck it" and taped right over the screw thats stick out 1/2". Makes me wonder what I haven't found yet. Keep in mind this is just what I haven't fixed yet. not shown is the repaired live well pipes and tightened rod holders on the gunnel.

For what new boats cost these days I'd expect perfection. I'd have considered taking that back to Parker for fixes if it wasn't inconvenient..

Back