New to Classic Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NealB

Reaction score
Hi all,
Not sure why I didn't join sooner!
2006 2320 Sport Cabin I bought new. Seattle/Puget Sound. Came with a Yamaha 225, replaced it after almost 2600 hours. Repowered with a Yamaha 250 and now it has almost 3000 hours. Yes I use it a lot!
Salmon fishing, ling cod, squid, Dungeness crabbing, shrimping, and just running around. 9.9 Yamaha kicker high thrust. Never had a trailer. Thinking about getting one to expand my fishing territory. Puget Sound is getting tough with fewer fish and more regulations. T
railer recommendations? Bunk or rollers!

Hi all,
Not sure why I didn't join sooner!
2006 2320 Sport Cabin I bought new. Seattle/Puget Sound. Came with a Yamaha 225, replaced it after almost 2600 hours. Repowered with a Yamaha 250 and now it has almost 3000 hours. Yes I use it a lot!
Salmon fishing, ling cod, squid, Dungeness crabbing, shrimping, and just running around. 9.9 Yamaha kicker high thrust. Never had a trailer. Thinking about getting one to expand my fishing territory. Puget Sound is getting tough with fewer fish and more regulations. T
railer recommendations? Bunk or rollers!
Hi Neal B, Never too late, so welcome to ClassicParker... The 2320 is one of the most-loved Parkers in the fleet! .....
As for a trailer recommendation, a lot of CP'ers will cast their votes, and most all of them have more recent trailering experience than I do. (I did trailer a lot in the 1970's). Anyway, we have bunks, but only use it to take the boat to dry-land for hurricanes. (once or twice a year). It seems most folks in my area (eastern NC) use the bunks, in fact all my friends who trailer regularly have bunks. A lot will depend on where, and how you launch the boat. (I wish we could catch Salmon here on the east-coast; I had the best salmon in my life on Tillicum, up your way).

Last edited:
I have a 2320 and had a roller trailer and now have a bunk trailer. The bunk is by far a better trailer both in launching/retrieving and maintenance. So unless a particular ramp requires a roller trailer (primitive ramp or extreme tides) get the bunk.

Do get a 10K lbs rated capacity trailer because by the time you add all the gear and fuel plus safety margin, 10K is just right for the 2320.

I have a 2320 and had a roller trailer and now have a bunk trailer. The bunk is by far a better trailer both in launching/retrieving and maintenance. So unless a particular ramp requires a roller trailer (primitive ramp or extreme tides) get the bunk.

Do get a 10K lbs rated capacity trailer because by the time you add all the gear and fuel plus safety margin, 10K is just right for the 2320.
dittos, on what Phil said!

Thanks guys. Appreciate the input. I think a bunk is the ticket.

wow. that's impressive; 5600 hours on your 2320. GREAT job. I have always owned bunk trailers. I understand that the roller trailers have their place based on tidal fluctuations. But, I don't live in those areas, so a bunk trailer has always been appropriate for my application.

I have been doing this for not quite 50 years, always with trailer boats. In my experience, there are two things trailers should NEVER have: Leaf springs, and rollers. No big fan of steel frames either, as it's hard to get all the salt out even if it is galvanized.

I have been doing this for not quite 50 years, always with trailer boats. In my experience, there are two things trailers should NEVER have: Leaf springs, and rollers. No big fan of steel frames either, as it's hard to get all the salt out even if it is galvanized.
I've been doing it for only 30+ years, but also always bunks.
Until now, that is.

My new 2320 is coming with a roller trailer, the only way you can have it here in NJ, pretty much. We are new here, so I don;t know... May have something to do with tides being fairly substantial, or maybe it has to do with the state of most ramps around here, which is almost comical how bad some of them are.

I was VERY opposed to it, but we threw in the towel, not wanting to complicate things with the dealer. I figured, if we really hate ti, will swap it down the road. Don;t have the boat yet, still with the dealer waiting for weather to do bottom paint and some of the electronics still going in. Snow is almost gone.

I have to say, when we took the delivery last month, I thought the trailer looked better in person than I suspected it would. Seems very solidly put together, and the guys at the dealer (NJ Outboards, one of the largest in the area) swear by those.
1615747037676.png

1615747064699.png
1615747346940.png

I guess I'm about to find out! We trailer a lot.

--

Back