Quantcast

New-to-me 2005 Parker 2530

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

Truesdell

Reaction score
Greetings! I've been looking for this model for a while. So happy I found one at a not-silly price! This one is fairly bare bones, which is what I wanted. A clean slate!

I'm not really into fishing but, living on the Salish Sea, I will be doing a bit of crabbing. My boat will be used to support sailboat racing as a Race Committee boat used to manage, select/set courses, communicate with competors, start, finish, and score races. It will also be used as a family "picnic" boat with day trips to local islands. Next season my cousin-in-law and I will do a little run up into BC where he grew up. Visit the normal places like Desolation Sound and find some of his old secret haunts.

Photo: Waiting for Kingston/Edmonds ferry at sunset, en route to home.
3801_waiting_for_kingston_ferry_1024px.jpg
Happy to be an owner!

Truesdell

Reaction score
I have the galley to stbd. I will definitely appreciate the 'fridge. It does suck up a lot of space though.

Kurt

Reaction score
Nice boat! I wish they still make the2X30's. Wonder if one can be ordered?

Truesdell

Reaction score
My local dealer says he can order a new 2530 for me! He would much rather do that as opposed to get me parts for fixing up my current 15-year-old boat! :(

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m curious if the galley is something that I’d be able to find to add to mine. I’ve searched a little, but nothing has turned up. If this is something anyone has heard of, any help would be great 👍
Most likely you're not going to be able to find a used drop-in unit. They're not that common in the first place, and you'd have to come across one that someone has pulled out. You MAY be able to get a dealer to order you one, provided Parker still offers it as an option; the design of the boat hasn't changed that drastically. Be prepared to pay an astronomical price for that, and also beware that it may not fit through the pilothouse door assembled.

HOWEVER, the galley package really isn't much more than a sink+freshwater system, a refrigerator, and a stove (I believe it's an alcohol one). Given that, you could most likely build a custom one to your exact specifications with a little creativity and some electrical prowess. Even having one custom built for you in your local area is probably going to be cheaper than getting it from Parker.

Smmahaffey

Reaction score
I was thinking pretty much everything you just said. It’s really my wife’s idea. And not opposed considering I don’t plan to need space for fishing gear or passengers. We really really just trying to put together a traveler of sorts, and I’m a huge fan of her cooking :) so I figured I’d inquire to see if anyone had recommendations before I started putting something together. Thanx for your time bud

Truesdell

Reaction score
I would not build in the stove. Keep the countertop next to the sink and use a camping stove brought out when you need it. $35 at Walmart, Cabela’s, Home Depot, etc. includes a carrying/storage case that can fit between the helm seat and the galley unit. I got one that uses the same 1-lb green Coleman propane canisters as my Mr. Heater “Buddy” and my Magma BBQ grill.

CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE Camplux Dual Fuel Camping Stove, Portable Butane Stove 7200 BTU, Single Burner Propane Stove with Carry Case, Black-JK-5310 - The Home Depot

DanLovingood

Reaction score
Truesdell,

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to CP! That is a beautiful boat you've got there and perfect for your location. I really love your part of the world. It would be sooo cool to cruise around in the San Juan Islands amongst all the natural beauty and wildlife. I can't imagine what it would be like to cruise along with orcas. Keep us posted on your progress with making your new boat "yours".

Cap'n Dan

sailmaster

Reaction score
I would not build in the stove. Keep the countertop next to the sink and use a camping stove brought out when you need it. $35 at Walmart, Cabela’s, Home Depot, etc. includes a carrying/storage case that can fit between the helm seat and the galley unit. I got one that uses the same 1-lb green Coleman propane canisters as my Mr. Heater “Buddy” and my Magma BBQ grill.

CAMPLUX ENJOY OUTDOOR LIFE Camplux Dual Fuel Camping Stove, Portable Butane Stove 7200 BTU, Single Burner Propane Stove with Carry Case, Black-JK-5310 - The Home Depot
Propane is dangerous if used improperly it is heavy and pools in low areas. Make sure any gas is stored so that it vents overboard if leaking. Cylinders can do that when getting bumped around

Latest posts