New to Parker Boats! 1992 Inboard 2510

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92inboard2510

Reaction score
My husband and I just bought a 25’ Parker 2510 walk around with a 350 inboard and Volvo Penta out drive. We are only the third owner. Boat is super clean and seems to be pretty rare. Would love to hear some stories and thoughts!!

My husband and I just bought a 25’ Parker 2510 walk around with a 350 inboard and Volvo Penta out drive. We are only the third owner. Boat is super clean and seems to be pretty rare. Would love to hear some stories and thoughts!!
Hi 92inboard2510, Welcome to ClassicParker and congrats on your new-to-you Parker 2510!... You may have noticed a lack of responses to your post, which for the most part reflects what you said; 'seems to be pretty rare!". You are correct; there are not-many Parkers with I/O's but a few members here have posted some pictures and comments over the years..... Back in 1978-1983 we had a 22' boat with an I/O (it was a Mercury 470, 4 cycle, four-cylinder, Chevy block, FWC engine, with stern-drive). The things we liked about the I/O (similar to yours) were the Fresh Water Cooling system/heat-exchanger, the fuel-economy and the ease of maintaining the engine. We were not crazy about the space the 'box' took in the cockpit, but learned to live with it (used it for a dining table. A sunning bed. A bait cutting table with the cushion removed). It seems that stern drives were more prevalent back then..... I hope you and your husband enjoy the new boat!

Welcome to Classic Paker. Enjoy the forum. Got pictures of your new boat? Thanks.

Hi 92inboard2510, Welcome to ClassicParker and congrats on your new-to-you Parker 2510!... You may have noticed a lack of responses to your post, which for the most part reflects what you said; 'seems to be pretty rare!". You are correct; there are not-many Parkers with I/O's but a few members here have posted some pictures and comments over the years..... Back in 1978-1983 we had a 22' boat with an I/O (it was a Mercury 470, 4 cycle, four-cylinder, Chevy block, FWC engine, with stern-drive). The things we liked about the I/O (similar to yours) were the Fresh Water Cooling system/heat-exchanger, the fuel-economy and the ease of maintaining the engine. We were not crazy about the space the 'box' took in the cockpit, but learned to live with it (used it for a dining table. A sunning bed. A bait cutting table with the cushion removed). It seems that stern drives were more prevalent back then..... I hope you and your husband enjoy the new boat!
Thank you so much for your response. We are absolutely loving our Parker!

I sold my 1996 Parker 2510 WA two years ago. It was repowered about two years before I bought it with a factory-new Volvo Penta 300 HP, Fresh Water Cooled, Volvo EVC (digital throttle/shift) engine. Outdrive was a Volvo duoprop. I sold the boat after two years of use because the layout no longer fit my needs, but I will say, it was probably one of the best riding boats I've owned (I'm on boat #13). With the low CG due to centerline fuel tank and engine arrangement, the boat was so stable and rode like a much bigger boat. If you send me your email, I'll share my photos of the boat with you. I regret selling it, knowing how rare they are. The boat was lift-kept, so no issues with the outdrive, which Volvo makes a great outdrive. The duoprops put the boat right on plane, and reverse maneuverability was excellent. I replaced the boat with a twin outboard 33' Grady, which didn't ride as well as the Parker. You have a great boat. Hang on to it.

Welcome i/o friend had mine since 16 love mine its a fishing machine , and I can work on it myself , and that is huge , you do lose some space . but its never been an issue for me and my buddies . and better on fuel. do pay attention to bellows if boat stays in water . G

Back