New to Parker Family

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttrox117

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 1801, back in Boat Business after long hiatus. Question, the back rest on my helm seat won't stay in any position. I tried to move forward to use as a back rest while driving boat but don't see how to lock it in a position? Any tips?
Thanks

It is the swing back style. It has a channel on either side marked Forward, middle, back and it easily slides back and forth but cannot get seat to lock into any of the positions.
Thanks

It is the swing back style. It has a channel on either side marked Forward, middle, back and it easily slides back and forth but cannot get seat to lock into any of the positions.
Thanks
Are there any slots, or locking devices, or anything else that would suggest that it can be secured?

If I'm understanding this right, you're trying to secure the backrest in the "forward" position in order to use it as a leaning post of sorts?

Yes sir, that's pretty much it. There are no slots to lock it into place and you cannot raise or lower the bar, it just moves forward and back, pretty much worthless?

Yes sir, that's pretty much it. There are no slots to lock it into place and you cannot raise or lower the bar, it just moves forward and back, pretty much worthless?
Seems to me like the original purpose was to have the seat back swing so that it could be used as a backrest, either while sitting facing forward or aft. So no real need to secure it, as your body weight leaning back against it would pin it in that position.

If you want to secure it forward to lean against while standing at the helm, you may be able to install a latch or something that will keep it in place. I'd suggest checking out Boat Outfitters or Gemlux, as they have a large variety of marine-grade latches, barrel bolts, etc. that you could make work if you have a creative streak. Not affiliated, that's just where I get a lot of my stuff. Good luck!

Back