New to the brotherhood.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2015 2510 XLD with twin 150's. I have been very happy with the performance and fuel economy. With the 150's, I top out at 43 mph, my sweet spot is 3800-4000rpm, with a speed of 24-26 mph at 2.0 mpg. I do have Permatrims, which have helped a great deal. Most of my fishing is with 1-2 people on board. If my fishing adventures included more than 3 on a regular basis, I would have gone with the 200's. I do feel more comfortable with twins vs a single. I did outfit it with 2 Simrad Evo 12"s, AP and 4G Radar.

I have a 2015 2510 XLD with twin 150's. I have been very happy with the performance and fuel economy. With the 150's, I top out at 43 mph, my sweet spot is 3800-4000rpm, with a speed of 24-26 mph at 2.0 mpg. I do have Permatrims, which have helped a great deal. Most of my fishing is with 1-2 people on board. If my fishing adventures included more than 3 on a regular basis, I would have gone with the 200's. I do feel more comfortable with twins vs a single. I did outfit it with 2 Simrad Evo 12"s, AP and 4G Radar.
Thanks. I am still undecided. Having a hard time justifying an extra $22,000 for the twin 200's. I don't need the security of twins as I am only in the Chesapeake. But more HP is always better!! Probably going with the single 300. I am getting a price on the 350 V8. Looking at Furuno and Simrad. I have been reading a lot of good reviews about the Permatrim. Did you have them installed from new?

Thanks. I am still undecided. Having a hard time justifying an extra $22,000 for the twin 200's. I don't need the security of twins as I am only in the Chesapeake. But more HP is always better!! Probably going with the single 300. I am getting a price on the 350 V8. Looking at Furuno and Simrad. I have been reading a lot of good reviews about the Permatrim. Did you have them installed from new?

I had the boat about 2 weeks, by which time I realized that the stern needed more lift. Reports from respected members on this site, plus my research, moved me to add them. (Andy at Sim Yamaha). Made a tremendous difference, in my opinion!

I think twin 150s are sweet, sure twin 200 would be nice. But the 150s really put out about 165 and the torque is similar. Two props grabbing water helps the ride, and less draft vs a single. I get about 1.9 mpg at cruise. As a buyer, I would pass on this hull if it had a single.

Back